WASHINGTON BANDTERS

Hey guys,

I am not going to be able to be at Bahama Breeze today. I am sick. I will miss you all though. Let's do it again soon.

Becki

I'M SORRY I MISSED IT TOO. I'M JUST SO BUSY RIGHT NOW TRYING TO GET EVERYTHING DONE BEFORE I GO IN FOR A TT ON THE 10th :) I WON'T BE ABLE TO JUST SIT, RELAX AND HEAL IF EVERYTHING ISN'T JUST SO SO :blink:

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello WA Bandsters from Tonganoxie, KS.

I'm heading today for the last leg of my trip to my new home in Lake Wylie, SC

I hope to meet some bandsters as fun as ya'all there!

Best of luck as "loosers"!!!

Micheley :-h

Hey Micheley,

I noticed you had another emergency visit on April 21st. What was up with that? Did you post your experience somewhere eles?

Beth

Hi fellow Wa Bansters,

I would love to come to one of your get togethers. How do I sign up? :) I am newly banded as of April 18th and would like to get in touch with a support group of somekind.

Rose

Banded 4-18-07 weight 267

current weight 243.9

It's really a scheduled as they come up kind of thing. Keep an eye on this thread for details about future get-togethers, though they seem to average about every two months. More the merrier I say.

• 1 month later...
Hey guys!

Anyone want to get together in Tacoma? I don't have time to drive very far this summer, but I know there are some people around me and I would love to have coffee at least. Let me know!

Becki

HI BECKI,

I'D BE UP FOR IT BUT I WON'T BE AROUND TILL AROUND THE END OF THE MONTH. FROM THEN ON I'M PRETTY CLEAR

Hello,

I am brand new to this forum and very excited that there are so many other people from WA on here. I live in Tumwater/Olympia and am scheduled to banded by Dr. Ortiz on July 23. I'm a little nervous about sticking to my pre-op diet (started today), and really nervous about all my financing coming through on time. I've been checking in daily with them (Citerra Financial) and they are assuring me I'll have all the funds by next week. I am planning on buying my plane ticket using some of the funds from the loan, so it's getting right down to the wire! Any words of wisdom on this process would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Smiam,

I assume you're going to do the 2-week diet of 2 shakes and 1 Lean Cuisine. That's the one I did. It wasn't too bad. You get a lot of head hunger, and plan on some tummy growls too. You can eat up to FOUR pounds of salad according to Dr. Miranda. Use the salad spritzers or plain vinegar. You can do it. You have to want the surgery bad enough. It also gets you on the road to healthier eating, and you get a mind set. When you get cravings, drink something warm. Have broth, tea, sugar free cocoa. It's stage one. Then you'll be on liquids, then solids, then 3 meals with your fill. Lots of little steps to get you where you want to go.

On the two week diet, plan to lose about 1 pound a day...it's really exciting!!

Good luck!

Peace,

Hey WA bandsters,

Let me know if something gets set up for Tacoma, I'm only a few miles over the bridge and my wife and I would be interested in meeting some of you in the Southend.

There is a group that meets here in Port Orchard (only about 15 miles across the Narrows bridge) on the third Wednesday of the month. Next one is July 18th at 6:00. It just started this year and I went last month. Mostly MX bandsters, several Joya and Kuri clients, and pretty informal. It's at La Gamarche Catering downtown (in their banquet hall). The owners are banded and provide the space and a couple of different homemade soups for those interested (small donation optional).

Last month the gals from Fill Management NW came down and did fills starting at 3. They said they would come back if again if they have enough interest. I think they did about 20 and need 10 or so to come down from Arlington and spend the night. If you're in need of a fill and don't want to travel, it was pretty convienient for around here. Give them a call if you're interested in an appointment.

Roger

• 3 weeks later...
JUST THOUGHT I'D START A THREAD SO WE CAN PLAN A GET TOGETHER WITHOUT IT GETTING LOST IN ANOTHER TREAD. I'M IN AND I'M SURE MY FRIEND SANDY WOULD LOVE IT TOO.

I WON'T BE AROUND THE FIRST PART OF NEXT WEEK IF I DON'T REPLY, HEADING TO BOSTON, I THINK LOL WHO KNOWS :blink:

Hello Pammie, I'm to be banded aug. 23rd at OCC and live in Battle Ground Wa, (north of vancouver/portland) I'd love to hear from washington bandsters and get helpful info. I will be going alone, and would like some info from others that went alone and how that went. thanks Sonjia

Hello Pammie, I'm to be banded aug. 23rd at OCC and live in Battle Ground Wa, (north of vancouver/portland) I'd love to hear from washington bandsters and get helpful info. I will be going alone, and would like some info from others that went alone and how that went. thanks Sonjia

WELCOME SONJIA,

YOU'LL BE FINE ALONE. I DID HAVE A FRIEND HAVE SURGERY THE SAME DAY I DID BUT OTHER THEN THAT WE WERE ALONE TOGETHER LOL

I KNOW IT SEEMS STRANGE TO TRAVEL THAT FAR AND HAVE SURGERY BY YOURSELF BUT REALLY, YOU'LL DO FINE. YOUR ONLY OUT FOR UNDER AN HOUR, RELAX :)

Hi WA Bandters!!!

Greetings from SWELTERING HOT South Carolinia. I should be a size 1 after all this sweat and humidity....but dang the ice cream. It's just so nice and COLD.

I have truly plat-O-ed. Wishing things went a little faster than a lathargic snail, but it's ok.

I went to a family reunion/wedding on July 7th and recieved more compliments than I ever have in my life. I look better now than ever and I am still happy with my band choice.

It's still a struggle for me. I still get the pukers a lot. I burp like crazy. I have digestion issues like nuts! But I'm a trooper. Live and let band.

Your friend always....

Michele B)

Hey Michelle!!!

Glad you're still out there and sticking with the program. Sorry it been such a tough path for you and wish there was some better answers. I'm glad you've still got your good attitude about it and remember, you're not going the other way.

For the other WA Bandsters, there is another Port Orchard support group meeting on the 22nd. NW Fill Mgt is coming back to do fills from 3-6 before the meeting. Contact them directly for an appointment if you're interested. Even if you don't stay for the meeting, it's alot closer than going to Arlington for us south enders.

I'm below goal and probably going to get a slight unfill in order to just maintain. I'm still tight enough to have problems keeping much down so I'm still losing. I'm approaching my Bandiversary and I'm ready for a break.

Keep the faith,

Roger

• 2 weeks later...

For everyone in the Kitsap & Gig Harbor area, the new Gig Harbor YMCA is now open. I just got back from there and it is a beautiful facility with plenty of different types of exercising equipment, classes, an indoor track, and two pools. Enjoy!

><' Hello all long time no talk. I had all of my fluid removed and went to Europe for 6 weeks oh what fun to be able to eat all of that food pizza and bread oh. Downside I gained 10 pounds but went to Dr Neal last week and have dropped 5 pounds so doing ok. This process is slow but the weight does come off so keep good thoughts and all will go along. Chrissy

><' Hello all long time no talk. I had all of my fluid removed and went to Europe for 6 weeks oh what fun to be able to eat all of that food pizza and bread oh. Downside I gained 10 pounds but went to Dr Neal last week and have dropped 5 pounds so doing ok. This process is slow but the weight does come off so keep good thoughts and all will go along. Chrissy

HOWDY CHRISSY

GOOD TO SEE YA

DO YOU PLAN ON GETTING ANOTHER FILL AT ALL?

Sorry to barg into your thread but I read some interesting info and wanted to ask a couple of questions.

I saw that somebody had gotten a fill in Olympia from Dr. Neal and he used x-ray. Can anybody give me some more info on him and what their experince is. I have been unable to find anybody in the Portland OR area willing to take on a MX bandster for any kind of aftercare that uses an x-ray. the couple of doctors that I have talked to want to run several test and charge several hundred dollars before they would touch me. like I brought some kind of disease back with me!! There is a really nice naturepath Doc here that will do fills only, but I really need aftercare. I am only 14 days post op but I have had a couple of issues.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I also must say that the Washington Bandters thread is pretty awsome you really take care of your own.

Dayna