Financing nightmare

UPDATE :o

Approved but only for $10,400, we need $15,000 for both hubby and me. But here is where they have it

Loan #1 $5,000, payment $219.92 a month ----- BIG OUCH

Loan #2 $5,400, Payment $177.37 a month ----- OUCH, Interest on both 17.9%

To me this is horrible. He said he is going back to see if they will loan another $5,000. How the heck will I pay for it? I want this but geesh. hubby is going to say "NO" I know it. I have about $236.00 per month that I stash in savings. I could use that but my god, this is ridiculas!!

The only thing I can think of is if I do take it, try to pay down a credit card and use that to pay it off. I have a credit card at 11% and it has $3,000 on it, if I can get it paid down I could almost pay one off. Talk about a juggling act. I have a care credit card and there is $347.00 available on there. It is called the search for money. I will get back to you, this has got to happen. Keep praying, it is working!!

17% is crazy! Do they have any plan they can offer you like 0% financing if you pay it off in a certain number of months? I've got a loan through Chase Health Advantage for my lasik eye surgery and they gave me a loan for $7000. I only used $4400 for the surgery and they had a plan that if I pay it off in 24 months there is no interest. I'm paying $200 a month and it will be paid off early.

I have an old bankruptcy - I filed but dismissed it - it's 5 years old. The older the bankruptcy is, the less it hurts your score. I do admit I make a pretty good salary and that is also a consideration.

The best thing you can do to get the best loan at the lowest interest rate is to pay off all of your debt. This will increase your credit score and that's what they are looking at. It will go up when you pay your CC debt down below 50% of the credit limit.

I had to work for the last 2 years to get my credit score up, pay off most of my credit cards and save money to have this done. It wasn't easy, I had to sacrifice a lot to do this. No charging on charge cards, cut down dinners out, no alcohol when eating out, cut back on my cell phone minutes, cut out all but the basic cable, got rid of my home phone (no need to have two phones), buy things on sale, buy groceries on sale, stop buying any food that I can make myself, I think you get the idea. Ask yourself when you shop "Do I want this or do I need this?" If the answer is "want" then put it back.

I'm sorry I can't offer you a quick fix, but keep the goal in mind and focus on what you need to do to get there.

A couple of other things I just thought of...I joined myfico.com so I can keep track of my credit report and credit score. Have you thought about getting a second job? Can you join a credit union? If you can it's easier to qualify for a loan since you would be an "owner" of the credit union and their rates are lower as well.

Hugs,

Jena

Costco members get special financing rates through Capital One. Worth checking into.

17% is highway robbery. Unreal....

I called Care Credit and they gave me $6800. So with the three loans I have enough. I just have to figure out how to pay it back. One thing is I have a storage shed, I am going to have to get rid of it, that is $268.00 per month, that will pay most of the payments. Then get rid of the credit cards and my payment on my wheels. I think I can swing it. I have to look at it like this. We wont be going out to dinner much anymore and if we do we can split a meal. We wont be eating a bunch of food at lunch, I know we are going to save. It will be rough but we can do this.

Just finished reading this entire thread... thought I should send you a hug. ((( HUG ))) :)

take care & good luck,

I do not want to sound like a mama bear.....but.....be smart and careful. after you get done with surgery there are still some expenses. the fills can really add up expecially if they are 2 at a time. in the end you will know the right choice to make.

I do not want to sound like a mama bear.....but.....be smart and careful. after you get done with surgery there are still some expenses. the fills can really add up expecially if they are 2 at a time. in the end you will know the right choice to make.

How much would a fill run. Someone here said about 200 is that right?

It's fantastic that you both will be able to have the surgery! Get rid of that darn storage shed!!!

There's one thing you absolutely have to to before scheduling the surgery. You need to plan and budget for your fills. The fills are the key! Find a place near you to get the fills. The fills will start at 6-8 weeks and you may have 2-4 more before a year is up.

The fills are expensive, especially the first one. Mine cost me a total of $545 for the first one at Fill Centers USA. If you can make a return trip to the OCC, it will only cost you $100 and that's for the floro.

Like I said, from everything I've been told and what they said at Fill Centers USA, the first year will be very expensive but after that you should be set.

So many people get caught by surprise by the cost of the fills and aftercare, it's best to be prepared for it up front.

Congratulations to you both!

Jena

It all depends on where you get them. The OCC gives free fills to their patients and offer fill packages for transportation and if you stay, hotel expenses.

Sounds like a better deal just to go back to occ to get it done. the tickets are not to bad. It is just the time it takes.

Sounds like a better deal just to go back to occ to get it done. the tickets are not to bad. It is just the time it takes.

:lb21: :lb10: Hope the money comes through although it sounds like it will.

The fills here in PDX are $190 for the first and $170 for the rest. No fluoro though. My friend used this Dr. and was very happy, she got her port 1st stick and had absolutely no probs during or after the fill. She's going back to her soon so I can let you know how she does again.

:lb21: :lb10: Hope the money comes through although it sounds like it will.

The fills here in PDX are $190 for the first and $170 for the rest. No fluoro though. My friend used this Dr. and was very happy, she got her port 1st stick and had absolutely no probs during or after the fill. She's going back to her soon so I can let you know how she does again.

Yes I want the info on that dr, I dont like not having the fluro but if I can't take the time off then I want to go there, can you get the information for me?

So now I find out Care Credit does not work outside the US. This can not be happening to me. Now I am 6800 short. OH MY FREAKING GOD. This is horrible!!!

So now I find out Care Credit does not work outside the US. This can not be happening to me. Now I am 6800 short. OH MY FREAKING GOD. This is horrible!!!

Ok I called my medical loans back and they said they can get all of it but 1700.00. so that means, I have to stash this amount. I know I can do this. It is going to be hard but I am going to have to do it. There is a way.

Ok I called my medical loans back and they said they can get all of it but 1700.00. so that means, I have to stash this amount. I know I can do this. It is going to be hard but I am going to have to do it. There is a way.

You can do it....if this is something you and your hubby want this bad, you can definitely make it work!!!

Good Luck!

Cathy