Fills at OCC

Hi All,

Always more questions...

1. When you have the surgery at OCC the fills are free thereafter, correct?

2. Do you have to pay extra if you want it done with the fluoroscopy?

Thanks!

Thanks, I don't think I'd want to have fills done withouth the fluoro. and I think the $100 cost is worth knowing they can see what they're doing - right? I'm having my first fill August 9th, I now wish I would have scheduled at the six week point instead of 8 week. Oh well, I'm still looking forward to getting it!

I would love to go back to the OCC for my fills. I wish I could!

I wouldn't go anywhere else for my fills except the OCC! I think the price is great also. We stayed 2 nights at The Lucerna and for the fill, the total cost was $279. For a hotel room and a procedure I don't think you will find that cheap anywhere else. But I think I would pay no matter if it was higher. I just feel more comfortable going to the OCC since they are the ones who did the surgery.

I wouldn't go anywhere else for my fills except the OCC! I think the price is great also. We stayed 2 nights at The Lucerna and for the fill, the total cost was $279. For a hotel room and a procedure I don't think you will find that cheap anywhere else. But I think I would pay no matter if it was higher. I just feel more comfortable going to the OCC since they are the ones who did the surgery.

I am staying just 1 night at the Lucerna and they are also charging me $279 for everything. I thought that was a deal. How long ago did you have you fill Jacque? I'm not going to say anything but that was a great deal for you.

Yea, the fill package [$279] gets you a ride from the airport to the OCC to get your fill, then to the Lucerna, and then the next day back to the airport. The people who actually drive to TJ only pay $100 for the fluro and the fill's free [if you're banded at the OCC.]

Okay, so let me get this straight... I want to drive up to the U.S. side of the border and have someone from the OCC pick me up, take me back across the border to the OCC to get the fill and then a couple of hours later take me back to the U.S. side of the border - all in one day. The fill is free, the fluoroscopy will cost me $100. Do I have to pay for the rides to and from?

I'd appreciate any clarification.

If you drive or ride the trolley to the border, then you walk across the border and catch a taxi to the OCC. Make sure you tell them 5 dollars only. I have never had one turn me down yet. After the fill you take the taxi back to the border or where ever you want to go. If you do not want to pay OCC for transportation, then that is totally on you. the fill will then only cost 100 dollars, which is fluro. To be honest, I don't think I would have a fill without it. I have had a bad experience and feel so much safer with the fluro. Also they will only charge you 80 bucks plus tax (I think I paid 91 dollars) to stay the night at the lucerna. It is well worth it so you can test out your fill. I highly recommend staying the night. My friend and I did and it did turn out that she needed an unfill, so was great that we were still in TJ. Hope this helps

Copy and paste from a post I made in the "fills" section:

Here's some info from one of the OCC patient coordinators:

1) What does a non-fluro fill cost? we only do fills under fluoro

2) What does a fill with fluro cost? $100

3) Is transportation to and from the airport to the OCC an additional charge? $199 gets you airport pick-up/return and your fill

4) What does it cost to stay at the lucerna for 1 night if we're there getting a fill? $279 gets you pick-up, fill, hotel & return

5) Do we arrange transportation and lodging or just let Rene know when we plan to be there? just call the clinic at 1-866-376-7849 ext. 2 and they can make those arrangements for you

Hope this helps. :)

Glad to see you're back Yorkiemommy, I've missed you. It's our fill week jsu days ahead... :lb11: :lb21:

Aww.... I saw Kim this weekend and she was asking about you. :)

I've still been reading the forum, just not posting much.... I'm in the final 3 weeks of the masters program so it's kicking into high gear and don't have much leisure time. :)

I'm so excited (and nervous) for the fill.

Aww.... I saw Kim this weekend and she was asking about you. :)

I've still been reading the forum, just not posting much.... I'm in the final 3 weeks of the masters program so it's kicking into high gear and don't have much leisure time. :)

I'm so excited (and nervous) for the fill.

I am glad to hear from you again too!! You've been missed!

There is a special that is around $290. It includes rides to and from the airport, one night in the hotel, and the fluroscopy.