What does restriction feel like to you?

Ha! Here I thought I just wasn't feeling the "right" thing. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I likely would have dwelled and gone in circles over this for who knows how long. Clarity is a good thing. Hopefully I'll begin to start working this band right rather than waiting around for some 'other' feeling.

Funny about the hubby. He'll certainly get the picture now. Congratulations on your weight loss success. I hope to join that club sometime soon.

That is a great analogy, as someone who is married to a PGA Golf professional, after almost 2 years of doing this I should have thought of that one myself!

Great description - now maybe my husband can understand! That’s it exactly!

I am going for my first fill on Friday and was wondering what to expect, I can tell you that if I feel like there is a golf ball in my gut, I WILL NOT OVEREAT. I'll be glad to move on from bandster Hell, but on the other hand I will miss the food. I have been able to NOT gain a pound going off the liquid phase, and the inches keep dropping, I've lost two sizes but not lost an additional pound and will post pictures as soon as I figure out how. I love to see others post photo's, the happy faces are the best! Love you all. Barb

I am going for my first fill on Friday and was wondering what to expect, I can tell you that if I feel like there is a golf ball in my gut, I WILL NOT OVEREAT. I'll be glad to move on from bandster Hell, but on the other hand I will miss the food. I have been able to NOT gain a pound going off the liquid phase, and the inches keep dropping, I've lost two sizes but not lost an additional pound and will post pictures as soon as I figure out how. I love to see others post photo's, the happy faces are the best! Love you all. Barb

Good luck with your first fill...I'll be shortly behind you and will be anxious to hear how it goes for you. I'm scheduled for my first fill on 7/28.

Congrats on your lost inches! That's awesome....I've been stuck on the 12 lb mark ever since adding in solid foods. But, I haven't gained either....trying to keep it that way.

Keep us posted once you get your fill.

Denise

I was just banded on Saturday and if I thought I had restriction right after getting the band, I was wrong!! THIS is restriction!!

For me, it's kinda the golf ball thing, as well as when I swallow, it stops in my throat and doesn't go up or down. And that's creamy soups!

I'm sure I'm swollen, but geeze, this is really something. BTW, you don't feel it in your gut, you feel it right between your breasts, where the band is.

I always thought the restriction was the "Full Feeling" but after my 2nd fill, I can finally say I have restriction. It is aweful at times, but at least it does make you stop eating and makes me really not want to eat anymore. PB ing stinks!! Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I am finally restricted.

I very rarely get that "full" feeling and have never felt like I have a golf ball stuck on the few days that I have felt restriction... even during episodes that caused me to PB never got that golf ball feeling!

When I did feel restriction the food felt like it was like sand pouring into an hourglass each piece stacking on top of the one before it and I don't "feel" the food in my pouch till I get to a certain height/level in the hourglass, once I reach that point I would stop... Now that I don't get that feeling anymore I am controlling my portions myself, estimating how much I should eat before a meal and never going past that.

Thanks ladies. Your replies on restriction were great. I have found that certain foods: chicken, steak, High fiber crackers or cookies, are more than likely to give me that 'stacked' or pressure in the breast area feeling that reminds me to stop eating after only a couple of bites. So, if I want to work it right, I really need to start with a couple of bites of those items (gee, like we're supposed to - protien). But sometimes, I don't want that feeling quite so soon which I supposed equates to cheating. Ay yay yay, back to the drawing board. Good thing is that my little buddy does keep me under-eating at least a portion of the time.

Best to all

Hmmmm... I'm wondering myself. I just had my first fill today (2 cc), and I feel nothing. He had me drink a whole bottle of water, and I felt nothing backing up in my throat as I was told I would.

Right now, I am drinking an EAS protein shake mixed with PB, fiber and crushed ice (consistency of a shake). And nothing. The fill was only an hour ago. Shouldn't I feel SOMETHING?!?!

Bebe~

Sometimes it takes my fill a whole week to kick in! Hopefully that is the case with you.

BeBe,

It usually takes me two weeks to notice a fill hang in there and dont adjust it yet or get too upset.

as for the restriction, i too start to feel it back up in my pouch - which seems to lay off to the right side of my body - strange but thats where i feel food backing up - under my right breast... its the signel to stop immediately - being stubborn and wanting just one more bite of something wonderful - i sometimes push it... however, its painful... my mouth begins to water and i dont know if i need to burp (very loudly) or PB just a little gross, ummm bubble of slimely liquid, is the best way i can describe it. i still have a very hard time with steak and chicken and i still have to take very tiny bites and dip it in something moist like the steak juice or chicken juice.

also if i drink too soon after eating or while i am eating, i experience more girggles than normal like there is a star wars battle going on in my stomach... its sooo embarrassing. i have found that if i have to be in a place where its very quiet like getting a massage or a lecture hall - i wait to eat after or eat many hours before.

kim