Isopure

I think my plateau, hair loss, and all my problems are stemming from not getting enough protein.

I have only been getting between 30-40 a day.

You can get Isopure at GNC. I was wondering if anyone has tried it?

It seems like a lot, but I'm aiming for 90 g of protein a day. The Isopure unflavored is recommended highly and I'm considering it, too.

MamaMichelle, isn't that what you use?

Kim2B, I recommend the Muscle Milk Light ready to drink shakes at Costco. 160 calories, 20 g of protein. I know we're not supposed to drink our meals, but with kids, daycare and work, who has time? I think they're brilliant.

Kim I have tried the Isopure drinks but have not tried the shakes.. I do know that it is very expensive at GNC, its like 62 bucks for 3 gallons. I am shopping for some protein shakes myself. I dont think I am getting enough protein either. I am gaining and I dont know why. I am still on the post op diet and not cheating at all but dont understand why I keep going up. I am thinking of getting the Isopure non-flavored kind too but hate to pay that much for it.. Let me know if you find it cheaper.

Kim,

When you choose your protein shake just use caution - remember some are meant to bulk you up (they are meant for those big body builder guys) and you don't want that. I’ve seen some people list things that are meant for exactly that before, they have ingredients that will cause you to not loose weight since that is exactly what they are meant to do – the big muscles guys want to get bigger!! (Not smaller like us).

I do use Isopure - I personally like the ingredients and I've had good results. And if you look at the overall ratings they are close to 5 star on average. It goes on sale the first of the month - and the big bucket generally costs $72 on average with a GNC card- but lasts 52 days so $1.38 per serving for 50 grams of protein

Good luck!

Lisa

Hey Kim, I track everything down on sparkpeople.com and Ive noticed that since ive done this my protien is in range. It adds everything up for you and its a real good tool. Good luck and dont let that beautiful hair of youres fall out.

Lisa~

Yes, I was worried about getting the wrong kind. I would order the ones you guys mentioned in another post, but I wanted to start it right away instead of ordering it and waiting for it to come in. I want to make sure I don't get the kind that makes you bulk up..Lord knows I don't need that kind! LOL

Lisa~

Yes, I was worried about getting the wrong kind. I would order the ones you guys mentioned in another post, but I wanted to start it right away instead of ordering it and waiting for it to come in. I want to make sure I don't get the kind that makes you bulk up..Lord knows I don't need that kind! LOL

I buy a protein product at my gym, its 5lbs and only $50. If you read the label it will tell you the nutrition breakdown. Mine has less than 2 carbs, 22g protein and 90 calories a scoop. I mix it with water or milk but my favorite is adding 1/2 a scoop to my yogurt in the am. This big bucket lasts my husband and I at least 2 months.

Shop around because there is cheaper ways of getting your protein.

My Dr suggested Unjury (Unjury.com) I love it! Here is the nutritional content, and some are only 80 calories instead of 100. I take a 160z bottle of water every morning, add 2 scoops and shake, then nurse it from late morning thru lunch-helps me get to dinner with few caolries and no hunger.

Protein 20 grams per scoop

Carb 4 grams

Soduim 35 mg

no Cholesterol or Fat or Lactose

You can get a discount by signing up for auto delivery and can cancel or postpone. They also have travel size packages for my plane trips (Though they have foil, you must put them thru X-ray)

Janet

I think my plateau, hair loss, and all my problems are stemming from not getting enough protein.

I have only been getting between 30-40 a day.

You can get Isopure at GNC. I was wondering if anyone has tried it?

Hey Kim,

I drink Isopure - it is what my dietician has recommended. I have tried several and in my opinion the best one is the apple melon. It has 42 grams of protein and I drink half in the morning and half at night because I read somewhere that the body cannot process more than 20 grams of protein at one time. Having said that, GNC has these protein "bullets" that are flavored. I get the fruit punch one and I mix it in fruit punch krystal light and you can't tell that it is in there at all. It has 42 grams of protein as well, so I do the same thing with this type of protein 1/2 in the morning, 1/2 at night. The Isopure is not that great tasting, but at least the apple melon is semi palatable (COLD).

I struggled initially with my protein too and these products have helped me a lot. Another good source of food protein is tuna. 3 ounces of tuna has 20 grams of protein and makes a great lunch. I am not sure if you eat tuna or not, but it is good for you and adds a lot of protein. I agree it is tough getting it all in, but you can do it. :)

Good luck!!!

I use EAS powder. It comes in three flavors; chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry. It has 23 grams of protein, and I add one every day. Chocolate is my favorite; even my mom and little nieces love it.

How do you know if the protein is good if you want to lose weight? I bought 100% Whey Protein Powered Drink mix. It is not meant to be a meal replacement. I use my Magic Bullet and blend it with 1/2 a banana, 8 ounces of non fat milk, a dash of Splenda, and ice. It taste like a banana milk shake. The nutritional values are 120 calories (20 from fat), 2g fat, 4g carbs (sugars 2g), and 20g protein. What do y'all think about this?

I drank Isopure on the pre op diet. I don't like "shakes" more of a fruitty drink gurl, so I thought Isopure would be great.

I agree with iamworthit, only palatable when ICE COLD. I tried the the Arctic fruit punch (ithink that's what its called)

I added a packet of Splenda to it and it made it much better, it is very expensive too. At the Vitamin Shoppe, I paid $42 for 12 large glass bottles(1Liter?). I probably will not purchase again

I bought some chocolate Isopure yesterday and mixed it with milk this morning. Can you say NASTY!! I was gagging because I am used to Slim Fast which is much tastier. I mixed a little with some coffee and I was able to tolerate it better. I hope it is okay to mix it with hot beverages.

I also bought some of the whey protein flavored shots. It is a long tube and you just shoot it for 42g protein. It was pretty tasty, but $3.99/apiece. Ouch!

Uh oh Kim, did you not get the Dutch chocolate - I actually like it! And hey if you get the scale moving and feel better - what's $3 bucks!!

Hey C1, I don't know where to get the unflavored kind - I see that question was asked earlier sorry I missed it. I know that its used for GB pts so you may find it for sale on some of their sites.

(Kim, remember to add some extra cardio and I bet the scale will move)!!

Good luck, Trina! There is so much to choose from!

I havn't found "MY" protein supplement yet. Thanks for all the suggestions. I do have some EAS that I must finish but I may try the Isopure as so many people say it's the best, although expensive.

And Kimmy... :lb4: once again!!

I have read alot about Isopure and on the GNC website, it's like $120.00. GULP! At drugstore.com it's $90.00. This is for the big can of it to last. But, I am a big fan of Ebay and won a big can of the Isopure dutch chocolate for $47.00, including shipping. I was very happy about that. They have alot of auctions for the different flavors. ;) Hope I like it enough to get my protein in like I should. Also, need a 3rd fill badly too. ;)

Good luck!

Judy

That's awesome!! I've got to get back on Ebay - also it does go on sale and if I see a great buy I'll post it.

You know it’s funny, Isopure comes up very often - I found out about it when I was hitting a big plateau and there was a girl (I think her name had kitty or kat in it) and she had lost a lot of weight at a good pace and posted about Isopure – that’s when I tried it and it did work. (and she use to put a TBS of peanut butter in hers) I drink it and my guys at home do as well. So we go through it!

I am prety sure the Isopure is exactly what I needed to bring me out of my plateau. I can just feel it! LOL

I will keep ya'll updated!