My 2nd Fill - UPDATED!

7/14/08

I just thought I would go ahead and post an update on me. As you can see on my signature... I have only had 1 fill in Roswell - 3cc in 4cc band. Large first fill and have had great success with that. But the weight loss has slowed down a bit and even stopped some weeks. I would be up a pound one day and down two pounds the next. All in all I have only lost about 4 lbs in the past month (which is okay but it could be better). The main reason I am going for another fill is I am still able to eat way to much lasagna. LOL. I love it!! And I have not problems eating it! I have pretty much cut bread out but if I wanted a small piece I could eat it. No problems there - unless I eat enormous bites or eat too fast. I am not expecting a large fill - nor do I want one. I mean I only have 1cc capacity left in my band. I am very anxious to check things out also, like how much fluid is left in the band, if I have stretched my pouch, etc.

Some days (as most of you) I have more restriction than others. Some days things get stuck and I have to throw it up, but not often. Doritos do not go down well and I love them. But I have had to ward them off. Ohhhh the pain!! I had posted a few weeks ago about counting calories versus carbs, etc. I have increased my protein and decreased my carbs and things seem to be going better. I have actually lost 2 lbs this week (which makes me question whether I need a fill or not.) I will leave it up to Darlene but I think I do need like maybe 0.2-0.3cc. Just enough to top it off. So...I head out to Moultrie tomorrow afternoon. My appointment is at 7pm (after the doctor's office that the Fill Center is in closes). Darlene usually only does fills in Moultrie once every 2 months and will be there in August but is on my anniversary. I only live about an hour from Moultrie and 4 hours from the Fill Center in Roswell so Darlene said she would meet me to do a fill. Thank to Darlene!! So anyway. I will post an update in this topic tomorrow night and let you guys know how it goes.

Till tomorrow....

***UPDATE***

7/16/08

OK - so I had my second fill yesterday. I met Darlene in Moultrie (Fill Centers USA). Because she could feel my port so well and because I have had absolutely no problems since my first fill she went ahead a did my fill without flouro. She did great. Just a small pinch when the needle was inserted. I had 3cc in a 4cc band on my first fill. Darlene went ahead and put 1cc in the syringe and when she pulled out my original fill she only got back 2cc of my original 3cc. She was not concerned. She said this happens all the time - fluid may be trapped in a ripple in the band and she said she rarely gets back the entire amount. So she pushed all 3cc that was in the syringe in and I drank water. I could feel it backing up and I was a little short winded so she backed off a little - 0.4cc. The water went down. She pulled everything out again and this time 3.4cc entered the syringe. So 2.4cc of my original 3cc fill and her additional 1cc. We tried it again with all of it in there and it backed up again so she backed off 0.4cc again. So she put 3cc in and pulled out the needle. So how much do I have in my band? Well if you count all of my original fill plus the addition of this one I would have 3.6cc. But Darlene said they don't look at it like that. They only count what they pull out and put back in. So I have (again) 3cc in my band. Which I am very happy with!! I did very well on my first fill - losing 19lbs in 10 weeks. That's 1.9lbs per week. Darlene recommended I stay on liquids last night and this morning and advance to soft - full liquids (mashed potatoes) - this afternoon. So I will give you guys an update in a couple of days on my restriction.

**UPDATE**

7/17/08

So today is two day post-2nd fill - LOTS of Restriction!!! Praise the Lord!! Darlene actually recommends no solids until tomorrow but she said since she was only filling me to 3cc's like my first fill that I could advance a little faster. So tonight I had some grilled pieces of chicken and a few (very well chewed) pieces of pasta. I could only eat about 1/2 cup and I was stuffed!! WOOOO-HOOOO!!

I just had my first fill yesterday (July 13) and it was my birthday. Darlene also done my fill and I thought she was the sweetest thing. My problem is having to pay a fill center fee and pay the doctor. It seems like there should be a way to cut out the middle man, but it is what it is. Anyway, I had 5.3 cc and when I drink water I do not feel any restriction at all. She had stated she wanted to put in a little more but I had a feeling in my throat like I was choking so she stopped. I will be getting another fill in August in Moultry. I live about 2.5 hours away and it is a lot closer than Roswell. Anyway, best of luck to ya, maybe I will see in moultry.

OK - so I had my second fill yesterday. I met Darlene in Moultrie (Fill Centers USA). Because she could feel my port so well and because I have had absolutely no problems since my first fill she went ahead a did my fill without flouro. She did great. Just a small pinch when the needle was inserted. I had 3cc in a 4cc band on my first fill. Darlene went ahead and put 1cc in the syringe and when she pulled out my original fill she only got back 2cc of my original 3cc. She was not concerned. She said this happens all the time - fluid may be trapped in a ripple in the band and she said she rarely gets back the entire amount. So she pushed all 3cc that was in the syringe in and I drank water. I could feel it backing up and I was a little short winded so she backed off a little - 0.4cc. The water went down. She pulled everything out again and this time 3.4cc entered the syringe. So 2.4cc of my original 3cc fill and her additional 1cc. We tried it again with all of it in there and it backed up again so she backed off 0.4cc again. So she put 3cc in and pulled out the needle. So how much do I have in my band? Well if you count all of my original fill plus the addition of this one I would have 3.6cc. But Darlene said they don't look at it like that. They only count what they pull out and put back in. So I have (again) 3cc in my band. Which I am very happy with!! I did very well on my first fill - losing 19lbs in 10 weeks. That's 1.9lbs per week. Darlene recommended I stay on liquids last night and this morning and advance to soft - full liquids (mashed potatoes) - this afternoon. So I will give you guys an update in a couple of days on my restriction.

So today is two day post-2nd fill - LOTS of Restriction!!! Praise the Lord!! Darlene actually recommends no solids until tomorrow but she said since she was only filling me to 3cc's like my first fill that I could advance a little faster. So tonight I had some grilled pieces of chicken and a few (very well chewed) pieces of pasta. I could only eat about 1/2 cup and I was stuffed!! WOOOO-HOOOO!!