New guy here

I have been lurking and reading here for quite a while, but just haven't joined in. There doesn't seem to be alot of guys on the board. I am scheduled for banding Aug. 14th. I have to drop 30 lbs. first and I am down 15 this morning, so the dieting is at least going in the right direction. I still feel lik I am 250 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal, but just happen to have another 100 lbs covering it all up. I would like to get rid of the extra baggage.

Great info to be found here, and I have been taking notes. Looking forward to my trip to TJ.

Congrats! Yeah there aren't too many guys on here. I'm fairly new myself and I've noticed that. There are just a few of us! Let me know if you have any questions. Rumor is guys lose the weight a lot easier and faster. So far that trend is staying true with me as far as what the women say at the local support meetings i have to go to. good luck!

First and foremost, welcome to our group. Its not a large forum, compared to others, mostly due to this forum actually being through Dr. Ortiz's office but any and all bandsters are welcome here. There are several here that are a vital part of our group that were not banded at the OCC that we love. Anyway - we always welcome the testosterone in the group - and we love a sense of humor which you obviously have!! Good luck and keep us posted.

I have been lurking and reading here for quite a while, but just haven't joined in. There doesn't seem to be alot of guys on the board. I am scheduled for banding Aug. 14th. I have to drop 30 lbs. first and I am down 15 this morning, so the dieting is at least going in the right direction. I still feel lik I am 250 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal, but just happen to have another 100 lbs covering it all up. I would like to get rid of the extra baggage.

Great info to be found here, and I have been taking notes. Looking forward to my trip to TJ.

Welcome and GOOD LUCK! You'll get tons of good ideas and support, even if we are mostly women! Lucky you!!!

Janet

Welcome to our group! Just jump right in and don't worry about being one of the only guys. Us OCC women take care of our OCC guys! LOL

Good luck with your surgery. It sounds like you are doing great on your pre-op diet and I believe it shows you will do great with the band. :D

Welcome, welcome, welcome!! This is a friendly forum, and we are so glad you are here.

There are guys on the forum, they just don't pipe up much. WillT, where are you?

Hello :-h

I was also a lurker before making the decision to have the procedure done. I got so much information here, before my surgery, that it felt like I had already been there :D . One thing this site did was put my mind at ease about going to a foreign country to have surgery.

Hi new guy!! Welcome to the forum and congrats on your up comming surgery in TJ!!

The OCC is the best, no worrys!! :D

If you have any questions, just post.... I know that there's not alot of guys on here but we ladies will be here for ya! ;)

Where's WillT.... help this guy out! :D

Best wishes, Darlene

I can't think of many guys who would mind being surrounded by dozens of supportive, welcoming gals. :D

Congratulations on your pre banding success! In Dr O's office the morning I was banded, there were 6 of us, only 1 was a guy. He probably didn't find Dr O as hot as we did, but he got the same great care.

Yep, guys use more oxygen, have less insulation and make 6 million sperm cells every day -- each with their own glucose food supply. The weight drops off faster. It just isn't fair.

Welcome!

Welcome to the forum. I'm one of the people not banded in TJ, but everyone here helps me out as if I was there with them. I've learned more from this forum than anywhere else, and you should never be embarrassed to ask any question. Believe me, there have been topics discussed from head to toe, and beyond! :lol:

Good luck on your pre-op weight loss and your surgery!

Denise

Welcome!

I too noticed there aren't very many of us on the forum. I have been doing all they can to take in and absorb all the great insight that the ladies have to share. Post - I will read it!

Take care and good luck getting to your goal!

Oh I was banded on the 9th of this month! Very happy with it so far. Kinda sore, but they say us men are a bit more observant of that fact. (basically that we are babies). Gas - OMG - Gas.

If you get a chance, read the topic "Bones" It had me ROFLMAO!

Hi welcome aboard, my son Justin was banded on the 14th of January and weighed 335 lbs. by the time I was banded 5 months later,

he was down 80 lbs. I am a firm believer that It is easier for guys. he has since lost another 20 so he is down 100 lbs. in 7 months,

Justin would post himself but he is much to busy playing video games on the computer. :lb12: But he would be more than happy to answer any

questions. (because he still has to listen to him mom)

He lost all that weight and dosen't even excercise!!!! (He hurt his back last year)

He has had 2 fills and has 5cc in a vg band.

I'm sure you will have great success. and again welcome aboard

P.S. Justin is 24 years old TODAY (time for that boy to move out)

P.S. Justin is 24 years old TODAY (time for that boy to move out)

Linda,

I have a 22 year old. She just announced her engagement... bitter sweet

Oh... and she still has to listen to me too... but to be honest... I think I am losing my touch :)

Dave

Welcome to the forum. Great progress so far on your pre-op diet. I dropped 32 lbs in two weeks while on my pre-op diet.

I can't think of many guys who would mind being surrounded by dozens of supportive, welcoming gals. :D

Congratulations on your pre banding success! In Dr O's office the morning I was banded, there were 6 of us, only 1 was a guy. He probably didn't find Dr O as hot as we did, but he got the same great care.

Yep, guys use more oxygen, have less insulation and make 6 million sperm cells every day -- each with their own glucose food supply. The weight drops off faster. It just isn't fair.

Welcome!

I did think he had a great personality though. I actually talked more with Dr Martinez. I did have excellent care. I was so impressed with the OCC.

$*%)@#

Jim, We've met! We were banded the same day. 45 pounds????!? You're amazing. Congratulations!

(Me and my little 7 are going to go pout in the corner now) :P

Yes, we have met. I was the first one back that morning for the pre-ops and the first one to have surgery that day.