End of week one, How do I make it 2 more weeks???

abuchanan98

Ok I the last week has felt like a year, any suggestions on how to make it another 2 weeks on liquids? I have just seen one of the new recipes and will be checking out more recipes. I need to renew my motivation and remember why I am doing this I just and so getting tired of liquids. :huh:

My saving grace was Wendy's chili and Cream of Potato mixed with Cream of Cheddar soup. Unsweetened chocolate pudding and Skinny Cow Fudgecicles.

You can do it...I craved chewing something so much my teeth hurt...so I would get some low fat crackers or crispers and chew the crap out of them until they were mush. I didn't to it often, but when I went stir crazy, that got me through.

Good luck!

Cathy :D

I remember your pain all to well. Try to splurge on yourself if you havn't tried them and get some of the fresh soups that Safeway, FredMeyer or Schlotsky's makes. My favorite was Safeway's Tuscan tomato basil bisque. I ate it everyday and never got tired of it. So go to the store if you can and buy some liquid treats!! I like Cathy's suggestions also. I too ate alot of the frozen sugar free popsicles, they really have some great ones.

:lb4:

If you look at what a short time 2 weeks is compared to the rest of your life.....I didn't listen to this either when I was chewing my nails off wanting to EAT!! But hey maybe just imagine it for a second.

I just took it one day at a time, by 6 pm i would say good job to myself. that wasn't so bad.

my favorite soup was Andersons creamy split pea with bacon, ate it all the time. all day long. little bits at a time

wow I'm getting hungry thinking of it. :P

It's a tough 3 weeks but you can do it.. oh yeah lots of sugar free fudge bars and frozen slimfasts (they last for hours) just sipped

as it thawed. Kinda miss all the liquids.

good luck

Oh I so agree with the feeling of how to hang on for two more weeks! I'm at the one week point and would eat my arm if I could. The liquids just are not satisfying. I get to add liquid yogurt, whoppee. I am steadily losing weight, but who wouldn't?! Regardless, I know it's worth it in the long run. Keep telling me it is... :rolleyes:

Im at the beginning of week 4, and been there.. My Dr, told me that after week one, I could experiment with softer foods. Runny Mashed Potatoes, Cottage Cheese, Wendys Chilli, what really helped me out was Runny Cream of Wheat especially in the evening when I didnt feel full or satisfied and was still hungry, Yogurt, Beans. I made some of my favorite CHUNKY soups and just an imulsion blender and blended it.. TUNA was the first solid I could get down without issue but slowley.. Roasted Veggies I could eat..

the time will pass.. it will be worth it in the end.. Drinking something warm like Tea before you eat something more solid helps relax your muscles and has worked for me..

I was also able to eat Eggs after about 13 days,., Apparently some people struggle with eggs but so far so good with me.,

Ok I the last week has felt like a year, any suggestions on how to make it another 2 weeks on liquids? I have just seen one of the new recipes and will be checking out more recipes. I need to renew my motivation and remember why I am doing this I just and so getting tired of liquids. :huh:

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I had my surgery on 7/11 and I am so sick of liquids already. Luckily my MD only makes you stay on them till first post appt. which I have in 5 days. I am new to this forum and would love to hear how you all deal with those first few weeks post-op.

I remember your pain all to well. Try to splurge on yourself if you havn't tried them and get some of the fresh soups that Safeway, FredMeyer or Schlotsky's makes. My favorite was Safeway's Tuscan tomato basil bisque. I ate it everyday and never got tired of it. So go to the store if you can and buy some liquid treats!! I like Cathy's suggestions also. I too ate alot of the frozen sugar free popsicles, they really have some great ones.

If you look at what a short time 2 weeks is compared to the rest of your life.....I didn't listen to this either when I was chewing my nails off wanting to EAT!! But hey maybe just imagine it for a second.

Julie, do you remember about your post op pain? Do you remember if you felt this tightness a lot of the time in the middle of your chest? Is that the band? It's not related to anything I'm drinking, it's just there or just randomly comes and goes. Thanks for your help.

Guest sdejong

Try some instant potatoes watered down... Oh my gosh I absolutely loved mixing the garlic with the 4 cheese..... Yum.... Make it soupy.... Very satisfying... Also chew ice.... It will go faster, today is day 21 for me.... Wow.....

shy