Lap Band in Las Vegas,NV?

Hi! Im on here for my boyfriend, I've been a browser for a while now, but decided to go ahead and make an account today!

Anyway, we have been looking into the LapBand pocedure for him for a couple of years now, but have finally decided to go ahead and get it done, after numerous years of failed diets.

My Question is: did any of you have your surgery done in Las Vegas? Any doctor recommendations? We have decided if we need to, we can go to Los Angeles also, since its only 4 hours away, it will be easy to go back for the after care also. So, if you ahve a doctor recommendation in LA, that would be helpful also.

Thanks in advance!

Dear Valeen:

Unless you have insurance that's going to recommend it and that's how you must pay for it I only would recommend Dr. Ortiz in Tijauana. If you can make it to Las Vegas or LA then you can make it to mexico. He is the top notch expert who teaches the american docs. His facility is state of the art and cleaner than some of the hospitals I"ve work in. Lokk up the website fpr the Obesity Control Center or Dr. Ariel Ortiz and start your research. There are tons of testimonials to his great skill and everything you may need to help you make this decision already on this forum. Just start reading some of the intereseting titled threads and you'll see.

I wish you and your boyfriend the best in this journey. Any questions we will always answer them so just start rreading this sight!!

:lb11:

And by the way he's quite the handsome hunk!! (nothing mean meant but used in the WOW way) Hang on to him and help him live longer with you!!

Dear Valeen:

Unless you have insurance that's going to recommend it and that's how you must pay for it I only would recommend Dr. Ortiz in Tijauana. If you can make it to Las Vegas or LA then you can make it to mexico. He is the top notch expert who teaches the american docs. His facility is state of the art and cleaner than some of the hospitals I"ve work in. Lokk up the website fpr the Obesity Control Center or Dr. Ariel Ortiz and start your research. There are tons of testimonials to his great skill and everything you may need to help you make this decision already on this forum. Just start reading some of the intereseting titled threads and you'll see.

I wish you and your boyfriend the best in this journey. Any questions we will always answer them so just start rreading this sight!!

:lb11:

And by the way he's quite the handsome hunk!! (nothing mean meant but used in the WOW way) Hang on to him and help him live longer with you!!

:wub: thank you! Hes the love of my life and I sure dont want to lose him!

We are planning on paying out of pocket. We went to one seminar here in Vegas, and the price for cash paying patients was $15,000. We have been saving to pay that amount, would going down to Mexico be cheaper?

I will begin my research on Dr. Ortiz, we could definitely make it down there.

Definitely research Dr. Ortiz!!! He is amazing.. You can actually call and talk to a patient coordinator and they can tell you all about pricing.. WAY CHEAPER with Dr. Ortiz.. here is the # 866-376-7849... Hope this helps!! Keep using this forum.. it will help you a ton! Good Luck!

You are looking at saving 7-8K by doing it with Dr. Ortiz. He is the Dr who banded most of us here.

Hey Valeen!

I had that dilemma a couple of months ago and both this forum and the price made it easier for me to go to TJ. 15000 dollars will pay for a mini vacation (5 star hotel stay, the procedure, including pre-and post op care for a couple of days, the surgeon and the anesthesiologist fees) and you'll still have a bunch of money left to... whatever. I had surgery in May and the results are starting to show.

I'll suggest you visit www.obesitycontrolcenter.com and inform yourself about everything you need to know. You can call and talk live (?!) to the Nutritionist, the Cardiologist, and the Surgeon to ease your fears before you make up your mind. The care they give is impeccable, they still have that human side of compassion and caring that healthcare providers should have. Believe me I know what I'm talking about, I'M A NURSE!

Good luck!

Valeen, I, like others on here, am a nurse and I promise you that your BF will not regret using Dr. Ortiz.

I had my surgery done in Mexico by Dr. Ortiz and had a fabulous experience for only $7900 which included the hotel for 3 nights andt he transportation back and forth to the airport.

I do have friend that recently had her surgery in Vegas by Dr. Francis Teng. She seemed to really like him and still goes there for her fills.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone.....I saw this post and wondered about them. Does anyone know if she called the OCC and got the info? I hope so! That would be a step in a brighter future! I know it is going to change my life & I can't wait. I am counting the days.....less than a month now! WOO HOO!

Like many people here on the forum I too got my surgery with Dr. Ortiz in tijuana. I was very scared and worried about my decision to go to Mexico, but after I got there and meet everybody I would do it all over again in a heart beat. I am so happy with my band. I got banded in July and I have lost 52 pounds. It is the best decision I ever made for myself and it was all for 1/2 the price that it would of costed me in the U.S. It so worth it.

Alexandra

Welcome! That is very nice of you to get in here and get information for your boyfriend! I agree with all that has been said before. I did the battle with my insurance and after I realized there was no hope of them paying for it I was about to give up. But then I found out about the Mexico option and of course at first I was leary but after finding Dr. Ortiz and talking to all the folks in here I cannot wait! I am a little over a month away from surgery and it couldn't come any faster. Everyone in here is great and can answer lots of questions. I would seriously consider going to Dr. Ortiz and you can always either fly back to him for fills or he can find a doctor or fill center in Vegas.

Good luck!