I know this has been talked about before but I need help!

I am loosing my hair. It has taken all these years to grow it long!!! Over the last few weeks I am finding more hair on my comb and floor. The other night after taking a shower, I was combing my hair out and clumps just came out my husband said "That's not whats suppose to happen". He finally believed me. Now anyone have any suggestions. Yes I am eating protien first, yes I am taking vitamin supplements. I am very discouraged and just want to cry. My long mane is going away!!!!!

Are you taking biotin??? I started taking it before I had surgery and am still taking it. I haven't had any hair loss except normal loss. Not sure what you can do.... do you have a hair dresser you trust? If so, maybe give her\him a call.

Best wishes, Darlene

You're eating your protein first but are you getting enough? I believe your daily intake should be about 65 grams throughout the day (all at once doesn't count). Lots of people have reported losing their hair for about 6 months after surgery, but then it comes back lusher and thicker then before once their bodies got used to the new way of eating.

My hair is falling out by the handfuls. It is freaking me out. I am hoping it will stop now that I have upped my protein.

Where can I get Biotin? I have never heard of it but I have had severe hairloss for about 8 years now and it would be nice to stop it. DH is getting tired of the hair clogging the shower drain LOL

Hugs

Trudy

My hair falls out from the medications I get during surgery, it hapens every time and it is a delayed reaction, it takes anywhere from 3-6 months for it to happen, but it does.

try biotin, zinc and iron...talk to your hair dresser.

I take a hair/skin/nail vitamin from a mail order place "Puritains Pride" and have found my hair to grow faster than ever.

If the biotin does not help and you are taking multivitamins and eating protein, then I would check with your primary doctor. Maybe your thyroid is not functioning correctly. That is one sign/symptom of hypothyroidism.

I heard that hair loss happens if you loose weight too fast. Like most people who have Gastric Bypass loose alot of hair. I'm starting to get a little worried here after reading this. :-?