colon cleansing

When I went for my fill I had not gone #2 in over 10 days. Darlene explained to me that being backed up during a fill could possibly effect the fill. She told me about some detox stuff and teas that make you go. I was wondering if any of you have done the colon cleansing? They are supose to be very healthy for your body and colon. I was trying to eat lots of fiber only to find out it gave me the oppisite result because I could not drink enough to make me go. If you eat fiber and do not drink it can constipate you.....And boy did it. I just wanted to hear some opinions on colon cleasning, I am thinking of buying one today.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do them every few 3 to 4 months depending on needs...

WARNING

WARNING

WARNING

Make sure if you do a colon cleansing you are close to a restroom at all times

You're not out in public

If you are out at someone else’s house either make sure they love you with no conditions or you are trying to get rid of them as a friend anyhow.....

Just follow the directions, most will tell you when you should start taking them and when you're going to start seeing "results". I generally start taking before the weekend so I'm home on the weekend when its working. (I take a home method, but its pretty gross and I wouldn't recommend it). I'd recommend just starting with the over the counter products.

Best,

Lisa

This is pretty heavy duty – I strongly recommend you talk to your doctor first – especially if you have any medical conditions. And if he’s not into Naturopathic he may not approve. (My niece is an acupuncturist and very into natural and Chinese medicine, this is from her). Try at your own risk.

Eat fruit in the morning and for lunch (no regular food) keep it light too.

2:00 stop eating (you can drink water only)

4:00 Take a teaspoon Epson salt, and a ½ cup of water

6:00 Take a teaspoon Epson salt, and a ½ cup of water

8:00 Take a teaspoon Epson salt, and a ½ cup of water

After you take your last dose of Epson salt and water you will then take (also I wait at least a half hour):

1 Cup of pink grapefruit juice

1 Cup of extra virgin organic olive oil

(Shake together in a cocktail shaker or jar to mix together) and drink (I have to sip - it takes a while to get down)

For those who have problems with protein, this will most likely be unbearable. And if anyone dares to try it stay close to the toilet the next day.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. (My legal statement)

My sister is a big believer and uses this brand – I may try it:

http://www.drnatura.com/colonix_program.ph...CFR4vagodrXQ-kQ

(forewarning - the pictures on that site are graphic.....)

OMG, that was disgusting - I knew I shouldn't have looked! And here we are about to go out to dinner for my husband's Bday - forget it now!

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrffffffffffffffffffffffff!!!!!

:lb12: :bad: :negative: :swoon:

My family is into this stuff - its like anything - if you do everything right, never eat anything bad for you and at the proper amounts - you're good!! But if you don't, doing a colon cleanse is considered to some like taking vitamins or protein, your fixing something that you may be missing. Also many naturalist and nutritionist believe that disease begins in the colon. So they generally believe you should do it once or twice a year. I think what that stuff is the mucus that forms along your colon wall, and yes I believe we all have some form of it. Gross!! You can do really easy colon cleanse by just eating fruits and veggies for a week. the one I listed is more like a scrub. The other one from that site seems like way too much work for me – but like I said, I have a sister that loves it. (But she also likes to talk about her poops so it fits….) Now if you ask most doctors, they are not too into it, but they're getting better - the blend of naturalist and doctors is become more prevalent.

(sorry for the gross out)!!

My family is into this stuff - its like anything - if you do everything right, never eat anything bad for you and at the proper amounts - you're good!! But if you don't, doing a colon cleanse is considered to some like taking vitamins or protein, your fixing something that you may be missing. Also many naturalist and nutritionist believe that disease begins in the colon. So they generally believe you should do it once or twice a year. I think what that stuff is the mucus that forms along your colon wall, and yes I believe we all have some form of it. Gross!! You can do really easy colon cleanse by just eating fruits and veggies for a week. the one I listed is more like a scrub. The other one from that site seems like way too much work for me – but like I said, I have a sister that loves it. (But she also likes to talk about her poops so it fits….) Now if you ask most doctors, they are not too into it, but they're getting better - the blend of naturalist and doctors is become more prevalent.

(sorry for the gross out)!!

I imagine it is like when you have to go for a colonoscopy and they give you that yuck stuff to drink to clear yourself out. I had one of those and although the prep is yucky, the afterwards when you are totally cleaned out is a great feeling. But, I have to admit, nothing like those pictures came out of me! ~~SHIVER~~

This is bad but every time I hear the term "colon cleansing" I think of that scene from the "Nutty Professor" while they are eating at the restaurant. It was so funny!!!!! I am now going to sit in "Time Out" lol

I went to GNC today and bought one of there brands. I do not know really what to expect. First is the colon cleansing...a step process, prep colon, cleasne colon, and renew colon. This will take 3 weeks. The next is a complete body cleanse. I have not read all the info on that one yet. I do know it is a 7 day body cleanse. In one month I should really be cleaned out. I will post my results and let you know if it is working or worth it.

I went to GNC today and bought one of there brands. I do not know really what to expect. First is the colon cleansing...a step process, prep colon, cleasne colon, and renew colon. This will take 3 weeks. The next is a complete body cleanse. I have not read all the info on that one yet. I do know it is a 7 day body cleanse. In one month I should really be cleaned out. I will post my results and let you know if it is working or worth it.

Cool! Just don't post pictures of colon spoutage, please.

• 5 months later...
This is pretty heavy duty – I strongly recommend you talk to your doctor first – especially if you have any medical conditions. And if he’s not into Naturopathic he may not approve. (My niece is an acupuncturist and very into natural and Chinese medicine, this is from her). Try at your own risk.

Eat fruit in the morning and for lunch (no regular food) keep it light too.

2:00 stop eating (you can drink water only)

4:00 Take a teaspoon Epson salt, and a ½ cup of water

6:00 Take a teaspoon Epson salt, and a ½ cup of water

8:00 Take a teaspoon Epson salt, and a ½ cup of water

After you take your last dose of Epson salt and water you will then take (also I wait at least a half hour):

1 Cup of pink grapefruit juice

1 Cup of extra virgin organic olive oil

(Shake together in a cocktail shaker or jar to mix together) and drink (I have to sip - it takes a while to get down)

For those who have problems with protein, this will most likely be unbearable. And if anyone dares to try it stay close to the toilet the next day.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. (My legal statement)

My sister is a big believer and uses this brand – I may try it:

http://www.drnatura.com/colonix_program.ph...CFR4vagodrXQ-kQ

(forewarning - the pictures on that site are graphic.....)

Lisal!

I read a "crapload" of those testimonials and I am so going to try the colonix cleanse! Crazy photos! Did your sister have to stay near a bathroom on that cleanse? I know it's a two month process, but did she have to say...during the first week? I'm in school 4 days a week and have issues pooing in public bathrooms. :)

Okay, I'm going to give you all my story. I cannot believe that I am telling this... Anyway, I have always had a hard time pooping. Sometimes, I will go 6 or 7 days without going.. Crazy, I know, but it's true!! Trust me when I tell you that I have tried EVERY single colon product in EVERY single store on this planet!! And while I may get some relief, it's never enough.

So one day while I am looking for some phone number in the phone book yellow pages, I see an ad for a homeopathic doctor that does colonics. I live in a very rural area and I thought you could only get treatments like that in California...he he.. Anyway, I made my appointment and a couple days later I showed up at the clinic for what my husband referred to as my "roto rooter appointment". Bear in mind that I had no idea what to expect. For all I knew the nurse was going to hook a butt hole size plunger up to my butt and go to town!! :o At this point, I didn't care, I was desperate!!

Long story short, it was the best thing that I have ever had done!! It took about a total of 45 minutes and I've got to be honest (here comes the gross part!!) I could not believe what came out of me. I guess the doc knows that most people have morbid fascinations (even with their own poop), so all the pipe work was clear so you could see exactly what was coming out of you and it was a like a train wreck, I just couldn't look away!!!

In my opinion, it's the way to go for colon cleansing. There was nothing nasty to drink and and it didn't take a week or a month to complete like most cleansers do.. As long as you don't mind a little water spigot in your bum!! :lol:

Oh and BTW, I almost forgot and left out the best part - I LOST 4 POUNDS!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm going to give you all my story. I cannot believe that I am telling this... Anyway, I have always had a hard time pooping. Sometimes, I will go 6 or 7 days without going.. Crazy, I know, but it's true!! Trust me when I tell you that I have tried EVERY single colon product in EVERY single store on this planet!! And while I may get some relief, it's never enough.

So one day while I am looking for some phone number in the phone book yellow pages, I see an ad for a homeopathic doctor that does colonics. I live in a very rural area and I thought you could only get treatments like that in California...he he.. Anyway, I made my appointment and a couple days later I showed up at the clinic for what my husband referred to as my "roto rooter appointment". Bear in mind that I had no idea what to expect. For all I knew the nurse was going to hook a butt hole size plunger up to my butt and go to town!! :o At this point, I didn't care, I was desperate!!

Long story short, it was the best thing that I have ever had done!! It took about a total of 45 minutes and I've got to be honest (here comes the gross part!!) I could not believe what came out of me. I guess the doc knows that most people have morbid fascinations (even with their own poop), so all the pipe work was clear so you could see exactly what was coming out of you and it was a like a train wreck, I just couldn't look away!!!

In my opinion, it's the way to go for colon cleansing. There was nothing nasty to drink and and it didn't take a week or a month to complete like most cleansers do.. As long as you don't mind a little water spigot in your bum!! :lol:

I love colonics! I do them regularly! They recommend 8-12 weeks (1 per week) to start out. Your colon is so stinkin long that everytime you have one the water goes in further and cleans you out more. Eventually you are cleaned out! LOL Then its all about maintenence. (like any thing else). Several people in my family have had Diverticulitus & I know several who have had colon cancer (some even died). I believe in colon health, which includes any type of colon cleansing you can do for self and daily fiber tablets. DON'T BE SHY, it's your life.

Lisal!

I read a "crapload" of those testimonials and I am so going to try the colonix cleanse! Crazy photos! Did your sister have to stay near a bathroom on that cleanse? I know it's a two month process, but did she have to say...during the first week? I'm in school 4 days a week and have issues pooing in public bathrooms. :)

Hey AngelaAnn,

She said she only went in the AM, she followed her normal morning pattern for poop - but I'd be careful - I hate going in public bathrooms too and I actually have made myself sick before trying to hold it. And when it comes to spewing poo - you just never know...... It could get ugly....

I was wondering if you could tell how much did it cost you to have it done? i am debating if i want one or not. thanks