Fill Station in Salem, OR

Hi everyone

I live around the portland area and will be traveling down to salem to get my fills. I was wondering if anyone has used them and how they where like. I hope they are as good as the doctors and nursing staff when I get banned. I would love to meet others in the oregon that have been banded.

Amy

Hi everyone

I live around the portland area and will be traveling down to salem to get my fills. I was wondering if anyone has used them and how they where like. I hope they are as good as the doctors and nursing staff when I get banned. I would love to meet others in the oregon that have been banded.

Amy

Hi Amy:

I too live in PDX. Do you have a specific reason you want to go to Salem? There is a Dr. that comes to PDX 2 times a month from Eugene and does the fills. My friend uses her and says she is good. She is also cheaper than the fill center. $190 1st fill and $170 thereafter. No fluoro but I don't think they use it in Salem. If you want her number just send me a PM or you can look up her number on this site under the Fills section. I think the post is one that's titled..Fil centers in the USA and it has a list of quite a few docs all around the US. I too would love to meet some fellow PDX'rs and even possibly have some sort of get together sometime.

Hi there. I'm from Portland and had surg with Dr. Ortiz last October. It was a good experience. Finding support at home has been difficult but I read the blogs for most of my information. As for local doctors in Portland, Dr. Kelly Fitzpatrick is the doctor who works in Portland two weekends a month. I needed an urgent unfill and she was able to see me and was very proficient at accessing the port. She has been doing this for ages. Just google her name with lap band after it and her website will pop right up. I have returned to Mexico for most of my fills/unfills.

Hi Amy:

I too live in PDX. Do you have a specific reason you want to go to Salem? There is a Dr. that comes to PDX 2 times a month from Eugene and does the fills. My friend uses her and says she is good. She is also cheaper than the fill center. $190 1st fill and $170 thereafter. No fluoro but I don't think they use it in Salem. If you want her number just send me a PM or you can look up her number on this site under the Fills section. I think the post is one that's titled..Fil centers in the USA and it has a list of quite a few docs all around the US. I too would love to meet some fellow PDX'rs and even possibly have some sort of get together sometime.

Hi there. I'm from Portland and had surg with Dr. Ortiz last October. It was a good experience. Finding support at home has been difficult but I read the blogs for most of my information. As for local doctors in Portland, Dr. Kelly Fitzpatrick is the doctor who works in Portland two weekends a month. I needed an urgent unfill and she was able to see me and was very proficient at accessing the port. She has been doing this for ages. Just google her name with lap band after it and her website will pop right up. I have returned to Mexico for most of my fills/unfills.

I talked to her, she seems really nice, I hope to use her for mine, once I have mine done.

When I was in Tj for my fill I got conflicting info about the Salem fill center. I was sure they didn't use fluoro but some people thought they do. I'm calling them asap to see because if they do use fluoro there's no need to fly to mexico for future fills. I hope I was mistaken and they do use it. To be honest the 2 day trip for me was really no fun as I just don't travel well. If anyone finds out before I call please post and let me know. Thanks

I also used Dr. Kelly Fitzpatrick here in Portland and found her to be fabulous! She hit my port on the first try and gave me a great fill. The price is $190 the first time then $170 after that. She does not uses fluro and that made me a little nervous but I seriously don't think it's required every time. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. :) Have a great week.

Hi everyone

Amy

I also have used Dr Kelly Fitzpatrick, and she is wonderful. She has a lot of experience and is very competent. I even drove to Eugene to see her, since I have heard such good things about her.

She also goes through how many calories, etc. you should be eating. Suprisingly, I wasn't eating enough, which has never been a problem for me!

I know there is a NP at Salem, but I don't know a lot about him/her.

Audrey