New Guy here

Hi all;

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am scheduled for lap band with Dr Ortiz August 15th and have just started my pre-op diet.

I have gained weight pretty slowly since finishing university and getting a sedentary job - I'm an accountant. I am medicated for BP and chlorestral and on my way to being diabetic.

Excercise has been non-existent for me.

The pivot point for me (literally) to decide to have the procedure was last weekend. I went golfing with my son on sunday and sprained my ankle on tee - off. My ankle couldn't support the weight on my backswing. Yikes!

If I can survive the pre-op diet, I think I will be successful but eating that horrible stuff is tuff, what's it called again...oh yeah, vegetables.

Also, I'm nicolek's husband.

Cheers,

Welcome!

Nobody is going to make you eat beets or Brussels sprouts...They couldn't make me eat them, either :P

Hope your ankle knits up quickly...the BP and cholesterol meds might see a big ole change in months to come, you'll have to watch those more than you'll have to watch how many cabbages you choose to skip.

WOOT! Good for you for making a dramatic choice. I am so glad you and Nicole will have each other for support.

We are so glad to have you!

Welcome! I met Nicole at the OCC when I was there. I wish you much luck on your journey.

30tndyo.gif

Hey bud, I'm new here too, just had mine done less than a week ago through a local doctor here in Michigan. I had a revelation moment like you did too, but didn't result in injury... came when I was driving my new car not long ago and realized that my gut nearly hit the bottom of the steering wheel. Whenever I'd turn the wheel all the way, my gut would get in the way of my arms... not good.

So far for me, so good! I'm actually losing nearly a pound a day (which astonishes me), but it's still early yet. Good luck, and welcome from another guy bandster!

I'm actually losing nearly a pound a day (which astonishes me), but it's still early yet. Good luck, and welcome from another guy bandster!

Okay, honest, in a good way...God you suck!

I'm thrilled for you, jealous beyond reckoning for me.

Here's to a tight turning radius, no stomach involved, before Labor Day!

You'll be there, too. That's too cool for words.

Awwww, listen to you guys bond - it's so cute. :lb16: Uh, I mean it's so cool! :sun_bespectacled:

Welcome all you dudes (and dudettes).

:lb14: