SCARED ABOUT 1ST FILL

Hello, my name is Teneka Evans. I had my surgery on July 7th and scheduled to have my first fill on August 22nd. I have really enjoyed reading all the info all of you have to offer, it has helped. However, I am so afraid of getting my first fill. Does it hurt? I have 10cc and I will be able to have solids on July 28th. It takes a lot of liquids to fill me up. Do I need to ask for more restriction? Please help!!!!!

Hello Tee. It is painless, and if you will be using the fluoroscope (I recommend it) it is neat to actually watch how the band works. Again, it is painless, and there is nothing at all to be afraid of. I have the 10 cc band, and my first fill was 5 cc.

Thanks Will. Do you feel enough restriction with the 5cc? I know everyone is different, I was just wondering. I am afraid I will not have enough restriction since I am able to drink a lot of liquids right now. I am excited to see how the band works. What part of South Carolina do you live in? My in-laws live on Kiawah Island. Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it!

i'm from near Clemson, but we frequent Hilton Head a couple of times each year.

My first fill lasted me about a month. Then I went for #2.

Kiawah Island is gorgeous.

Hello Tee:

I just had my 1st fill on Thursday at the OCC. I posted a thread on it and told fairly detailed how it went. The needle just "pinched" for about 2 seconds and then I didn't feel anything. And yes it's cool to watch the TV screen and the flow of the liquid through the band. No big deal at all. They do have a maximum that they will give you for your first fill no matter how much you beg them to give you more. I even went back the next day to try and get more. They stood firm after testing it. I got 1.8 cc and the max is 2cc in my 4 cc band. So don't get upset/disappointed if they don't fill it to the max. They are the experts. And yes tonight I have plenty of restriction. Good luck.

Thanks Julie. I know I would have been upset. Thanks for the heads up. I had my band surgery at OCC also. I trust them. I am trying to avoid traveling back to Mexico for another fill in a month. I just want to make sure I have enough restriction. I look forward to chatting more with you guys and gals here on the forum. Really helpful.

I only got 1cc for my first fill! My dr actually put in 1.26, but as i was drinking water, I could feel it go down so he removed the .26 and it feels great!

Janet

Tee-

I just had my first fill last monday and I was so nervous! :lb12: I didn't go to OCC since it's to oexpensive to fly there... so I flew to a Fill Center USA location in St. Petersburg, Florida. They also had the Floro (the floro was free by the way) and they sprayed cold numbing stuff on my stomach and I never felt the needle go in. I could see on the screen what they were doing. It was pretty cool. I had 1.8 cc put in but when I started to drink, nothing went through... so they removed .2 and it was perfect. You're doing great. :D

Tee-

I just had my first fill last monday and I was so nervous! :lb12: I didn't go to OCC since it's to oexpensive to fly there... so I flew to a Fill Center USA location in St. Petersburg, Florida. They also had the Floro (the floro was free by the way) and they sprayed cold numbing stuff on my stomach and I never felt the needle go in. I could see on the screen what they were doing. It was pretty cool. I had 1.8 cc put in but when I started to drink, nothing went through... so they removed .2 and it was perfect. You're doing great. :D

Hey, Jessie... I go to St. Pete on the 4th... glad to see your post!!

Thanks everyone for all the input. I can relax now. B) Jessi if you do not mind me asking, how much did it cost for you to go to Florida?

Hey Tee--- I flew from VA and it was a two hour flight and only cost me $215. We have a timeshare unit there so we just stayed there. The first inital visit was $345 which you see commonly that high at any Fill Center USA location, but then any visits after that will be $100 if you need anymore fills. Also what I liked about this particular location is Dr. Kathie Gonzales said she NEVER charges for unfills. You could go back to her two days later or 2 years later and she will do unfills for free.... She also has a three day free adjustment period. She's awesome. I highly recondmend her. :-)

My first fill is in 10 days..so yeah, I am a bit scared, but also a LOT excited. I am not big on needles.

My fill doc is only about 2 miles from my house. So, It should be fine and a bunch less expensive than going back to the OCC. Good luck!

i'm from near Clemson, but we frequent Hilton Head a couple of times each year.

My first fill lasted me about a month. Then I went for #2.

Kiawah Island is gorgeous.

War Eagle!!!