What's up with the port?

Okay. I have another concern. <_< My port sticks out and I can feel it, from what I heard from the forum this is normal, but mine seem to be a little painful and sticks out more so when I eat(creamy soups) or drink. Is this normal?

Okay. I have another concern. <_< My port sticks out and I can feel it, from what I heard from the forum this is normal, but mine seem to be a little painful and sticks out more so when I eat(creamy soups) or drink. Is this normal?

I think as long as you're healing and not in tons of pain, I am sure it's just normal.

Well I'm not sure about the pain but it is normal for it to stick out. Are you smaller in the waist? Most people who have a lot of truncal weight can't really see their port. Anyway, the reason why you can see it more when you eat soup or drink is because those fluids go straight through the band into your large stomach. Since the port is over your large stomach as your stomach swells (like with food/fluid in it) it pushes against the port and pushes it out. I have this same problem.

I asked Dr Martinez about the port showing when I loose al my weight. Sometimes in skinny people that don't need to loose andy more weight and teenagers that wear thight tops, the port will show. He said they fix that by doing surgery and lower the port under the muscle. Must be when you don't need any more fills.

Well I'm not sure about the pain but it is normal for it to stick out. Are you smaller in the waist? Most people who have a lot of truncal weight can't really see their port. Anyway, the reason why you can see it more when you eat soup or drink is because those fluids go straight through the band into your large stomach. Since the port is over your large stomach as your stomach swells (like with food/fluid in it) it pushes against the port and pushes it out. I have this same problem.

Ditto. I can't call it pain, but it is twinge-y.

Thanks guys. I was just making sure I was normal. :D Okay, I feel stupid asking this question, but I am not computer savvy. How do you get all the info about yourself on the screen? Weight Tracker? Fancy designs?

I asked Dr Martinez about the port showing when I loose al my weight. Sometimes in skinny people that don't need to loose andy more weight and teenagers that wear thight tops, the port will show. He said they fix that by doing surgery and lower the port under the muscle. Must be when you don't need any more fills.

Barb is right, though you can still get fill (or unfill) it's just more painful becuase you have to go through the muscle and using fluro is reccomended because it is so deep!

Thanks guys. I was just making sure I was normal. :D Okay, I feel stupid asking this question, but I am not computer savvy. How do you get all the info about yourself on the screen? Weight Tracker? Fancy designs?

Tee- Here's a post on how to add a ticker: http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?showtopic=5317

I feel like my port sticks out like a dresser drawer knob! It was sort of tender at first but now, 7 weeks post-surgery, it doesn't hurt; just feels hard. My fill doc said I had some keloid scar tissue around it but nothing to worry about., I will probably opt to surgically bury it more once I've lost all my weight and don't need regular fills but that's just cosmetic desires. Sufina