Bad PB episode

Well, I thought I was being cautious and had shish-ka-bob tonight and couldn't get the steak down. Ended up heaving over the garbage disposal. Still felt like something was stuck so I ran out and bought some of the papaya extract and it did work well. I am thinking of becoming a vegetarian as there is so many times that I get meat stuck! Now I am back on liquids for a day or two to get my tummy back in order. I chew and chew and chew and cut the meat to the size of a pea and I still get into trouble. This sucks!

That really sounds disgusting! I think that alone would make me puke! The papaya enzyme is a chewable tablet and tastes pretty good. Well it is all okay now, from now on it will only be expensive cuits of meat for me....the really tender ones that melt in your mouth and not the cheaper cuts I get for the family!

Dontondan, I am so sorry to hear that you are having such troubles. Hope it gets better soon. I am having trouble with eating left over meat of any kind. I don't know if it is because it dries out when it is reheated or what, but boy oh boy talk about pain. I have not PB'ed yet as no slim or nothing else coming up. It might feel better if it did. Does the papaya work? I have never heard of it before.

Sorry to hear about your PBing episode. I found steak hard to chew and sometimes it would get a little stuck.

Fish is a great choice for protein, if you like it.

Cod 5 oz

111 Cal 24.94 g protein

Flounder 5 oz

112 Cal 31.67 g protein

Haddock 5 oz

112 Cal 25.94 g protein

Halibut 4 oz

114 Cal 23.70 g protein

Salmon 4 oz

246 Cal 25.50 g protein

I hope you feel better soon!

Bless your heart! I know this may be a bad idea, but if I get something stuck really bad, I will take one or two gulps of water and whatever is stuck will come back up with the water. It has saved my life before.

Oh Donna.. sorry to hear that happened to you. I can imagine how uncomfortable you felt. Dr. Miranda said putting like barbeque sauce on the steak will help it go down easier. The ladies at NorthWest Fills told me to drink a bit of pineapple juice if I get something stuck. The enzymes will help break it down quicker. I have the papaya tablets, and I do find they work good for me. I've been lucky and have been able to eat steak no problem. I have it Medium... nice and juicy, and definitely in pea size bites. I chew the shit out of it, and if it still doesn't break down to almost liquid before I swallow it, I spit it out into a napkin. I have only had to do this once or twice. Normally it goes down fine. Have any of you tried eating prawns?? I love them, but not sure how they'd go down.

Thanks for all the advice and well-wishes. I am doing better today and the papaya extract helped a great deal. I have tried the water to get it to come out, but it just makes things worse and I spew all over the place. I don't really care for fish, but will give it a try, I sauce everything I eat! I think I just have a really tight fill right now.

I've had one of those before, and you're right to avoid putting water or any liquid on top of stuck food. From my understanding that's one way we can stretch our bands. I generally just stick to liquids for 3 days – then do what you’re doing, soften my foods – I will boil my chicken like I’m making a soup in chicken broth and just nibble at the softest meat (I like the meat in the wings). I stay away from the breasts since they can be stringy.

My band has always loosened up, I think its between going to liquids and giving the band a break to allow the swelling to go down – and I always loose a few pounds extra when I’m tight and have to do this process.