1/3 of a cup

Has anyone read the post op and fill book by Ortiz? How much can you eat at a time when you are in your "Sweet Spot"?

A fellow Otriz bandster was filled in Texas (first fill) at 2.4 and was given the book that said only 1/3 cup at a meal, total.

Is anyone living on so little and doing okay?

Has anyone read the post op and fill book by Ortiz? How much can you eat at a time when you are in your "Sweet Spot"?

A fellow Otriz bandster was filled in Texas (first fill) at 2.4 and was given the book that said only 1/3 cup at a meal, total.

I eat about 1/2 cup per meal, and am doing fine. I actually got a little worried about it and went and had bloodwork done...but all came back normal. I find it amazing how little we really need. My weight loss is a little over 40 pounds now, I have lots of energy...but I do make a point of trying to eat as much protien as I can. I love my band!!!!

Well, it is day 6 after my 1st fill; today is the first day I didn't PB my way thru the day and it is cuz I fianally am getting that 1. I must chew more and 2. I must serve smaller portions, I do not experience a pleasant "full" feeling telling me I've had enuff; instead, I eat until I feel like another bite and I'm gonna puke! And that's after such a small amount of food, So, for me this is a a new "learning" experience that, once I've had enuff practice at eating small, it will become a habit and I'll know what I can eat that won't get stuck and how much. Like I tested myself tonite. I fixed some organic chilie with tofu, grated cheese, a dollop of sour cream, dollop of salsa. This was a sort to taco without the tortilla which I figured would get stuck. It was good. then I had a small chocolate bar (sorry, I'm still addicted to sugar but getting better). hmmm, it melted and was divine. Then I waited a bit, felt fine, but daydreaming of all the food and made a piece of whole grain toast with jam. not good. it wanted to be stuck awhile, leaving me feel slightly nauseaus. Well, that's part of my digestion system for tonite. stay tuned for more exciting reports of progress. Any feedback is welcome. thanks, sufina

I seem to eat more than that, but it still is about 1/3 of what I used to eat. I feel fine and my blood work is also good so I am not worried about it. I do make sure to get protein and fruit/veggies and eat carbs last if at all

Well, it is day 6 after my 1st fill; today is the first day I didn't PB my way thru the day and it is cuz I fianally am getting that 1. I must chew more and 2. I must serve smaller portions, I do not experience a pleasant "full" feeling telling me I've had enuff; instead, I eat until I feel like another bite and I'm gonna puke! And that's after such a small amount of food, So, for me this is a a new "learning" experience that, once I've had enuff practice at eating small, it will become a habit and I'll know what I can eat that won't get stuck and how much. Like I tested myself tonite. I fixed some organic chilie with tofu, grated cheese, a dollop of sour cream, dollop of salsa. This was a sort to taco without the tortilla which I figured would get stuck. It was good. then I had a small chocolate bar (sorry, I'm still addicted to sugar but getting better). hmmm, it melted and was divine. Then I waited a bit, felt fine, but daydreaming of all the food and made a piece of whole grain toast with jam. not good. it wanted to be stuck awhile, leaving me feel slightly nauseaus. Well, that's part of my digestion system for tonite. stay tuned for more exciting reports of progress. Any feedback is welcome. thanks, sufina

I am eating only 1/4 to 1/3 cup at this point if that all day!! I focus on proteins, mostly liquids so far though.

I've been a little like you Sufina with my 1st fill. My cure though has been to rest my stomach so yesterday I pretty much had just liquids. I know, I know this isn't the best but it got me through the day. When I do eat it is almost like you explain, I just go too fast. I was much better yesterday though and only slimed once, no real Pbing!!

I dread the AM's. I am so tight and before I get out of bed I have to take 2 pills to help my pain. I barely take a few sips of water with them and then I feel full for about 2-3 hours. I can't crush these and just pray for the day I don't have to take them!!!

We'll both get this thing I know we can.

:lb4: and I will too!!

where can you buy this post-op and fill book? online? what's the name of it?