Yesterday evening I went wild on the grill... Everything from the main course to dessert. The main course was Grilled pork chops marinated with a light jerk sauce... grilled peppers, potatoes and onions on skewers, and of course grilled garlic butter French bread. For dessert, fruit skewers with a honey lime glaze that was AWESOME.

I ate about 5 bites and was full :(

But there are lots of leftovers for lunch today!! :)

The only redeeming moment was this morning's conversation with my bathroom scale. It told me I was .5 pounds lighter than yesterday.

Wow, can you come over and cook for me???!!!

That sound amazing and good for you only eating a little!!

I also find it hard when you have plate full of delicious food and can only eat a little...you want more, but your body is telling you, you can't!! I guess that's when the willpower kicks in!

Yeah that made me really hungry! Yummy! :P

Way to go! :D

Sounds really good Will! Congratulations with your victory on the scale.

Yesterday evening I went wild on the grill... Everything from the main course to dessert. The main course was Grilled pork chops marinated with a light jerk sauce... grilled peppers, potatoes and onions on skewers, and of course grilled garlic butter French bread. For dessert, fruit skewers with a honey lime glaze that was AWESOME.

The only redeeming moment was this morning's conversation with my bathroom scale. It told me I was .5 pounds lighter than yesterday.

Will T you can come cook for me anyday! Right on, way to go! :lb13:

I find myself making WAY too much food. My eyes are mind are bigger than my stomach....I ate fairly healthy before, i just ate SOOOOOO MUCH! So if make the same things i used to, i am amazed to what I eat now than before....it really is amazing

WTG on the weightloss grillman .......

Save some of the grilled goodies for me!

Saying hello from Washington, D.C. I'm worn out from a full day sightseeing.

I want your scale....mine keeps telling me I'm gaining on about 100 calories a day. Go figure!

Ah, Will.. life is life... we are all learning to live it the band way. and as they say, "Food Happens," and "s__t happens after." :lol2:

I don't cook that much, but when I go out to eat, I still find myself ordering like I did before my surgery. I am only able to eat maybe a third of it. The bad thing about this whole situation is that my husband is still ordering like he did before my surgery as well, and he hates leftovers and to leave food. So he is eating 2/3 of my food and all of his. I may be losing weight, but he is gaining it all. lol

Heidi, I'm in the same position you are. I've brought back lots of styrofoam containers though, and our fridge is full of meal-halves that I couldnt eat. We started splitting one meal between the two of us, and my wife has dropped a few pounds of late, and the eating out bill has dropped tremendously. This Bill has dropped, too (a few pounds).

LOL Paula... that's a good repercussion of the lapband. With less input comes less output. I haven't noticed a large surplus of dollars due to the additional paperwork savings yet, though.

This weekend, I'm making a succulent new BBQ recipe for pulled pork. I hope I can eat more than 5 bites. A little special rub, a little secret ;) sauce to cook it in, then Dutch Oven it for 4 hours.... mmmmmmmm.

Will, Will, Will! Stop! You are torturing all of us... my mouth is watering. And, truly, aren't you really GLAD that you cannot eat but about 5 bites? That is a better alternative that the usual "pig-out" and the miserable, stuffed feeling afterwards, not to mention the dreaded scale... :8)