'UPDATE' Sister admitted to hospital and I'm a little worried

mona-camille

Remember last weekend they thought her port was infected but then her surgeon said no, just an intestinal infection? Well, the intense pain came back so bad, she couldn't move so she has been back there for tests and now they admitted her. All I know is that they are going to go in through her stomach and look around because they think something is twisted around something else. I'll be going up there later to see whats going on, but I a liitle worried since she has had ultrasound cat scan mri and no-one knows anything!

No answer yet, but I did speak to her last night and they did an mri of her entire trunk area and all they could find was a dark spot on her omentum (this is the tissue that surrounds the stomach). It is right around the port area so the only thing her doctor can think of is that the port attached itself to that area of her stomach tissue somehow. If that is the case, they might have to remove the band. If it is an infection, they will have to remove it. But, her blood tests do not indicate an infection in her system at all. Just debilitating pain. Her gall bladder is fine as is her appendix. No diverticulitis either.

Since she is a fill in for surgery schedule today, no idea when she will get it. I just don't like that word 'dark spot'. I am probably a little more nervous than normal but I already lost one sister at age 42 and can't bear losing another. I know thats crazy to worry over nothing, but when you lose your father, then your sister, you can't help but worry. Anyway, just rambling now, so I'll update when I hear more.

THanks for the prayers and well wishes.

Remember last weekend they thought her port was infected but then her surgeon said no, just an intestinal infection? Well, the intense pain came back so bad, she couldn't move so she has been back there for tests and now they admitted her. All I know is that they are going to go in through her stomach and look around because they think something is twisted around something else. I'll be going up there later to see whats going on, but I a liitle worried since she has had ultrasound cat scan mri and no-one knows anything!

Tell her she is in our prayers. Please keep us informed and try not make yourself sick with worry. Easy to say I know but still true.

Pam

Thinking of you and your sister...let us know when you find out what's going on.

A friend of mine who had gastric bypass surgery in late may, developed a serious infection in your stomach...she's been hospitalized for 3 weeks to get it under control...but luckily they caught it early and she's going to be fine.

Your sister will be fine too!!