This is me...

Just saying hi with a photo behind my posts. I started coming here last week and have enjoyed it immensely. I have learned so much in such a short time and am so excited.

I have to say that I have 5 children and currently weigh 20# MORE than I did with my highest pregnancy weight. I feel like a house! I have never posted a photo before of myself on a board and am doing so this time because I know that this is the worst I will look. I am so excited about being banded that I can hardly wait. Every night I go to bed thinking about how wonderful it will be to be thin again and every morning I wake up thinking about the same thing. I wonder how I will make it through until I can get my procedure? (I'm trying to think positive since I am still quite afraid of all of the unknowns. :P

Congrats on your decision! I was banded in Oct of 06 and it was the best decision I ever made next to marrying my husband and having children. My only regret is that I didn't know about this and make the decision sooner. I’m done with my journey and learning how to manage and maintain my weight, so far so good – no issues.

I’m excited for you to begin your journey, with 5 children you need all the energy you can gather and being obese is not easy, it saps a lot of our energy, physically and mentally – so I’m so happy for your that you’ve made the decision to change – it will not only benefit you, but your family! Your photo is beautiful, and I’m sure you'll add new ones along the way as you loose the weight, its fun to watch us change, like butterflies!!

We can help you with the unknowns, so don't worry - we're your support team, your lapband community here to help each other succeed!

Take care and keep dreaming and soon it will all be a reality! Don't be afraid of the unknowns, just get ready to welcome your new future and your new you!!

Best,

Lisa

Just saying hi with a photo behind my posts. I started coming here last week and have enjoyed it immensely. I have learned so much in such a short time and am so excited.

I have to say that I have 5 children and currently weigh 20# MORE than I did with my highest pregnancy weight. I feel like a house! I have never posted a photo before of myself on a board and am doing so this time because I know that this is the worst I will look. I am so excited about being banded that I can hardly wait. Every night I go to bed thinking about how wonderful it will be to be thin again and every morning I wake up thinking about the same thing. I wonder how I will make it through until I can get my procedure? (I'm trying to think positive since I am still quite afraid of all of the unknowns. :P

Ah, but just think a couple months after banding when you look back and compare! Take this time to educate yourself on what you are entering into so there are no surprises for you post band. Can't wait to see your next pic!

WELCOME, WELCOME.............

I'M JUST SIX WEEKS OUT AND STILL FEEL AND I PROBABLY ALWAYS WILL FEEL THAT THIS WAS THE BEST CHOICE I'VE EVER MADE! I WAS BANDED AT OCC AND LIKE EVERYONE ELSE WILL TELL YOU, IT WAS A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!

IT'S NOT AN EASY JOURNEY, MATTER OF FACT, IT'S WORK, BUT LOOK OUT, ONCE YOU START SEEING THAT SCALE GO BACKWARDS - ITS AWESOME AND IN ITSELF VERY MOTIVATING!

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY AND KEEP US POSTED!

I have to say it has been the BEST DECISION EVER! My only advice is to listen to the DRs! Especially the first 21 days post op. You should try to push yourself to the limits whenever possible when it comes to the Drs. recommendations. The first 4-7 days is liquids and clear broths only... try your best to maintain it for 7 days... Honestly it will be your best bet! I pushed myself like Dr Ortiz said and when it came time to eat solids, I really wasn't in the mood. I acutally ask Dr Miranda if there was a problem with me continuing on liquids (and her reply of course was after the 21 days - do not drink your meals).

The first 21 days is psychological warfare...you won't be physically hungry, but you must talk yourself through the emotional hunger!

I am 6 weeks post op and still do not feel like I have lost too much restriction...I feel great to know that I am getting my fill as Dr Ortiz said "not because I have to...but because I deserve to." I deserve to move forward onto the next part of my weightloss journey!

Good luck I thinking the same thing I can't wait to be banded It's going to bo my lifesaver, I kniw I have to do my part but I just can't wait This journey has been a long time comming. :lb5:

Nice to see you and so nice to have you here! Welcome.

Congrats on your decicion to have the Lap Band. It is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself. My confidence goes up daily. Soon yours will too.

By the way~You are very pretty!!