Banded 11/05 Need help please

Hello, I had my lapband put in @ OCC 11/05. I lost 65 pounds. My lowest weight was 141 @ 5'2". In the last 18 months I have had massive changes in my life. I got a divorce after 30 years, retired from teaching for 30 years and moved into my own place for the first time ever. Also had glaucoma surgery.

I have regained 20 pounds. I am much happier but I haven't been eating and exercising as I should. My band does still work but not as well. I have found ways around it, waiting for a while to eat more, liquids, and a nasty sugar addiction.

Have I ruined my lapband? Would a fill help? I've only had one since its placement.

I need help to get back on track. Anyone out there have some hope for me?

Fifi

Hello, I had my lapband put in @ OCC 11/05. I lost 65 pounds. My lowest weight was 141 @ 5'2". In the last 18 months I have had massive changes in my life. I got a divorce after 30 years, retired from teaching for 30 years and moved into my own place for the first time ever. Also had glaucoma surgery.

I have regained 20 pounds. I am much happier but I haven't been eating and exercising as I should. My band does still work but not as well. I have found ways around it, waiting for a while to eat more, liquids, and a nasty sugar addiction.

Have I ruined my lapband? Would a fill help? I've only had one since its placement.

I need help to get back on track. Anyone out there have some hope for me?

Fifi

Hi, only one fill since 05...wow. I would call OCC and see what they think. Plus to get back on track you could go back on the pre op diet of 2 slimfast and a lean cusine each day. With all you've been through it's no wonder you back slid a little. Call OCC and see about a fill or what they think you should do. Tomorrow is the start of a new day.

Pam

I would say YES you might need a fill, but you also might need to just refocus on the bandster rules! Either way making an appointment at the OCC or at your local fill center will give you a chance to speak with someone who can get you back on the right track!

We all stumble but the band is always there to do it's job!! You have done it before and you will do it again!

You are dealing with a lot of stuff in your life and if you are anything like me, I turn to food to comfort me. You need to start thinking about your self now and re-focus on what is important....YOU!!! ;) You can do! You did it once You can defently do it again. B)

We use food to smooth the bumbs, that is what got us over weight, be kind to yourself right now, when you are strong enough to start moving forward you will. Baby steps. Check will your fill center and see what they reccomend for you. You have done so well and I hope you know how proud we all are of you. Also you have had major changes and it will take time to adjust to your new life wether it is a good or bad change, be patient with yourself, love yourself now is the time of healing.

You've had such great results, don't be too down on yourself. Stress is a perfect reason to eat for us emotional eaters. I totally understand. As others have said you may need a fill or simply to just get back on track with a plan for eating, the bandster rules. How much can you eat before you get full? Do you chew thoroughly ? Do you eat fast? These are some of the questions that will help you determine if you do inded need afill. Only 1 in 2 years is awesome with such great success for you. Be gentle with your spirit and do what you need to do to feel better about yourself!!

:lb19: you've had this pain in your life.

As mama always said..."This too shall pass". Believe it.

A fill will definitely help you get back on track. With all of that weight loss you probably don't have much restriction at all anymore which doesn't mean the band doesn't work, it just isn't working for you right now but with a little tweaking you'll drop that 20 in no time.