Capsules

My hubby is getting banded with me on the 19th of Sept and he asked me if he will still be able to take his meds. He takes adderall XR (sp?) he has ADD and he must take his Capsules daily, they are time released. They dont look real big to me but it is a concern. With my meds, I plan on chopping them up and eating them this way but with this med, that is not possible. Is there anyone on here who has been able to still take their meds if they are in this form?

My hubby is getting banded with me on the 19th of Sept and he asked me if he will still be able to take his meds. He takes adderall XR (sp?) he has ADD and he must take his Capsules daily, they are time released. They dont look real big to me but it is a concern. With my meds, I plan on chopping them up and eating them this way but with this med, that is not possible. Is there anyone on here who has been able to still take their meds if they are in this form?

I do have issues with pills especially in the mornings. I take a tylenol in the morning, a birth control pill and an allergy pill (all are fairly small). I have to take it slow and then I wait a while before eating (well I have a protein drink). Later in the day I might be able to take a capsule, but I haven't tried in a while. It's very individual. Maybe he should talk with his doctor and see what other options there are (does the pill come in other forms etc...) just to be safe??

I have never had a problem with pills. The OCC said if it is bigger than a plain M&M don't attempt it.

This may end up being a problem for him. I will contact the pharmacy and see what they have. Then I will contact OCC. Need to be sure as to what to do about it. I would hate to see him suffer.

I never had any problems with capsules until after this third fill. I believe from everything I have read that I am now at or very near my sweet spot. I can take liquids slowly and have to eat very slowly, small bites and chew well or I get it twice around (Yuk). I cannot take capsules now. I have tried all times of the day and have to say forget it. Chewable or crushable only. Thankfully it doesn't hurt one of my meds to be taken with food so I open the capsule and empty it into my breakfast smoothie to get it down.

I never had any problems with capsules until after this third fill. I believe from everything I have read that I am now at or very near my sweet spot. I can take liquids slowly and have to eat very slowly, small bites and chew well or I get it twice around (Yuk). I cannot take capsules now. I have tried all times of the day and have to say forget it. Chewable or crushable only. Thankfully it doesn't hurt one of my meds to be taken with food so I open the capsule and empty it into my breakfast smoothie to get it down.

What is a sweet spot?

What is a sweet spot?

My definition of a "sweet spot" is when you are eating what you want, have restriction, and are losing weight on a regular basis without struggling. I have yet to hit this target mind you...I just had my first fill today, so hopefully it will happen for me very soon.

Denise

My definition of a "sweet spot" is when you are eating what you want, have restriction, and are losing weight on a regular basis without struggling. I have yet to hit this target mind you...I just had my first fill today, so hopefully it will happen for me very soon.

Denise

Oh man, that sounds so good. I can't wait to get my band. Sept will be here before I know it, I am getting nervous.

Yes, Sept. is just around the corner. You are approaching your surgery much the way I did...reading all you can beforehand so you know what to expect. I was a member of this forum 3 months prior to my surgery. It really helps!

Good luck to you on your journey!

Denise