My band is a BIG secret!!

Hello you wonderful band saints!

It seems I'm one of the few who didn't tell anyone about my surgery. I've had some clever cover ups for the liquid diet, no alcohol, walking "pregnant", but my tummy is screaming "Look what I've done!" I had my surgery July 21st...how long before the incisions look like cat scratches?

Thanks for your help.

Hey Michelle

I have only told my husband and my mom so it is kind of a secret too. I have also had to do a few things different such as using a different dressing room when my best friend and I are trying on clothes.....getting changed for swimming in a stall instead of the open with the other ladies. I had my surgery on April 10, 08 and I am still waiting for all mine to to turn into cat scratches. there is only one that has completely disappeared. (The one on the right side) The others are pretty red and still raised a little. Mine healed nicely but are still noticeable. Good luck !!

Brook

I did tell about the surgery.....as for the scars mine are still there, the one over the port is the most noticeable...I had surgery 4/7/08 and have used medermabut evidently it is going to take a while for my scars to fade...good luck

I had surgery 4/29 and didn't tell anyone beyond my husband and the friend I took with me to the occ. I have found the scar thing a little bit tricky but being heavier nobody seems that surprised that I turn around to put my bathing suit cover-up over my bikini and that I change in private. I have found it harder eating with friends as when things get stuck you can't just stick your arms over your head without an explanation ("oh just feel like a good stretch" ha ha) so I make a few trips to the bathroom now and I think a few of my friends think I am developing bulemia (which I think is quite hilarious - never been accused of that in my entire life).

My scars are still pretty noticeable, I am hoping that within a year post-surgery they will fade as I am hoping to be goal weight by then and proud to be in a bikini.

I didn't tell anyone besides my hubby, friend that went with me to surgery and mom in law (banded 9 days before me).

I have a dark complexion and tend to scar easy, so my scars are still very red and raised. Unfortunately, mine will probably will never be cat scratches (in spite of applying Mederma several times a day for 3 months). Anyway, my brother had his gallbladder removed laproscopically a while ago, and I just noticed this weekend that his scars resemble mine. I think that will be my "cover" story. :rolleyes: