Happier Note

My 23rd birthday was Saturday. My boyfriend got me the sweetest gift! Apparently, he consulted a friend of mine and she told him to get me jewelry. After 2 days of searching, he just couldn't find any piece of jewelry he thought I'd like or thought I needed. So he started thinking of things I DO need. His decision? A new pair of athletic shoes! Now that I'm starting to work out more, have plans to join a gym, go walking and biking, I really needed a good pair of shoes. My current ones are slip on sneakers and offer no ankle support or stability. I've hurt my ankles repeatedly over the years and needed a pair that will keep them stabilized. I thought it was the sweetest gift ever and meant more to me than any pair of earrings or necklace he could have gotten me. He really thought about my needs and my current lifestyle and catered to it perfectly.

It sounds like you have a good man.. It makes it so much easier with the full support

of a loved one.. Happy Birthday :rolleyes:

That was so sweet of him! Who needs jewelry anyway? It will just be too big on you in a couple of months! LOL

Speaking of, I need some new tennis shoes myself! I wear flip flops 99% of the time, but when I walk I wear my tennis shoes and they are really old.

Happy Belated Birthday!! My Mom's Birthday was the same day!

That was so sweet of him! Who needs jewelry anyway? It will just be too big on you in a couple of months! LOL

Speaking of, I need some new tennis shoes myself! I wear flip flops 99% of the time, but when I walk I wear my tennis shoes and they are really old.

Happy Belated Birthday!! My Mom's Birthday was the same day!

Aw, thanks! tell your mom I said Happy Birthday, lol. Apparently, they're having a huge sale at Lady's Foot Locker, so maybe you should head on over there. :) They're also having a sale on their athletic clothes.

My 23rd birthday was Saturday. My boyfriend got me the sweetest gift! Apparently, he consulted a friend of mine and she told him to get me jewelry. After 2 days of searching, he just couldn't find any piece of jewelry he thought I'd like or thought I needed. So he started thinking of things I DO need. His decision? A new pair of athletic shoes! Now that I'm starting to work out more, have plans to join a gym, go walking and biking, I really needed a good pair of shoes. My current ones are slip on sneakers and offer no ankle support or stability. I've hurt my ankles repeatedly over the years and needed a pair that will keep them stabilized. I thought it was the sweetest gift ever and meant more to me than any pair of earrings or necklace he could have gotten me. He really thought about my needs and my current lifestyle and catered to it perfectly.

That is a truly thoughtful gift! Good for him and good for you!