Stomach Pain

Hello all, I was banded at OCC on Friday July 18. That makes me 11 days out and 10 days left on liquids :wacko: . I am having this troubling pain in my stomach. My stomach pouch cramps and feels dry. Is this normal feeling??? I am drinking my atleast 8 glasses of water a day and consuming about 500 - 700 colories a day... Thanks in advance for your input... J ;)

Jeremy~

Sorry you are having some discomfort! I would call the OCC to make sure. ><'

I'm not sure what you mean when you say your stomach feels dry. Does your throat feel sore and dry, is it something on the skin, or do you have an internal sensation?

I agree with everyone else though, you should up your caloric intake to at least 1,000

Hello all, I was banded at OCC on Friday July 18. That makes me 11 days out and 10 days left on liquids :wacko: . I am having this troubling pain in my stomach. My stomach pouch cramps and feels dry. Is this normal feeling??? I am drinking my atleast 8 glasses of water a day and consuming about 500 - 700 colories a day... Thanks in advance for your input... J ;)

Hi Jeremy,

I agree that now is the time to just be really gentle with yourself and let your body heal. It's been through a lot, and it needs the time to recouperate. The time to count calories and/or figure out what works/doesn't work will come, but right now your body is still adjusting to the band and how it will accommodate what you eat.

If you're having any adverse reactions at all, don't think twice about contacting the doctors at the OCC. I had terrible heartburn right after I got banded on June 10th, 2008, but thanks to asking a bunch of questions, I was able to sort out what the problem was and rectify it. The doctors down there are wonderful, and you should really call them with anything out of the ordinary, such as what you're going through. A phone call could head off a potentially serious situation/complication and save you a lot of physical grief down the road.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

(1jmk) Janet.

P.S. I agree that your calorie count is way too low. I believe anything under 1000 calories a day is considered a starvation diet. I stick to between 1000 to 1200 calories a day, but I believe the calorie requirements for men are higher. Dr. Miranda would best be able to help you with that. Just give her a call.