Lapbanders McDonalds Run

On Sunday I went out and needed to get some lunch on the run. So, it became a McDonalds run. My first since being banded. I admit I was a bit worried about it.

I ordered a cheeseburger Happy Meal and took the top off of the sandwich and ate it open-faced. I got Apple Dippers instead of fries. I got the light lemonade for a drink and took a couple of sips while waiting for my food. I then gave my daughter the almost full cup of lemonade to drink and shared the apple dippers with her.

I consider this a victory. It was a much smaller meal than I normally ordered to begin with and I reduced the bread. I was NOT hungry after it. It was also fun for my daughter. So I consider it a victory!

I know what you mean! Yesterday I had by little 8 year old sister with me and she just loves the small, square Krystal burgers - so I ordered a 4-Krystal burger meal - AND YES - I used to eat this all by myself pre-band!! All 4 of them!! But yesterday I ate about 8 french fries and 1 Krystal burger and was stuffed!! The Krystal Burger has only 160 calories, 7 grams of fat and 7 grams of protein - and their only like $0.70!! My hoggy little sister ate all three other Krystals but she is very active and tall and thin like a beanpole - so I guess she can do that! But I did not want them so I guess its good they did not go to waste!

Amber, you are right - that is what the band is about - living a normal life with normal foods without living in excess!!! Are you guys not AMAZED at how much our bodies can live off of and how much we used to stuff into it. I used to think I had to eat a good meal like that for my body to function! It is functioning so much better now!!!

You are so right Blazn...I used to order a Big Mac and Large Fry and could get that down no problem at all...now I can barely get through a cheeseburger and I am satisfied...I may steal a few fries from my kids, but I am so amazed at how this tool works!!!

I havent gotten to this point yet... I am kinda scared to wake up the fast food beast... And it would be sooo easy to do since its just me and I dont want to cook all the time so fast food is sooo easy! The fast food I do now is subway salads.. I am low carbing right now to try to maintain until my fill (hoping for a good fill) but I cant wait to be able to eat a hamburger again!

Misty- Krystals is my weakness! My WHOLE family is Krystal freaks!

Hi All

I used to eat a Big Mac meal + 10 nuggets + 2 apple pies My saving grace was I drank DIET coke.LOL

Eat everything and feel very sick.

The one and only time I have been to Mickey D's I had 3 nuggets and was done.

I prefer Wendys chili if I have to eat fast food.

Nicolek

On Sunday I went out and needed to get some lunch on the run. So, it became a McDonalds run. My first since being banded. I admit I was a bit worried about it.

I ordered a cheeseburger Happy Meal and took the top off of the sandwich and ate it open-faced. I got Apple Dippers instead of fries. I got the light lemonade for a drink and took a couple of sips while waiting for my food. I then gave my daughter the almost full cup of lemonade to drink and shared the apple dippers with her.

I consider this a victory. It was a much smaller meal than I normally ordered to begin with and I reduced the bread. I was NOT hungry after it. It was also fun for my daughter. So I consider it a victory!

Good job, Elaine. Great tips for us future bandsters.

Good job, Elaine. Great tips for us future bandsters.

I had McDonalds last night for dinner, and only had 1 cheeseburger, could barely finish that was struggling and a some fries. Used to do the 2 hamburger meal with a large fry. So this is half, not bad. I should have got the grilled chicken sandwich like usual but was craving the cheese burger. Its hard when I am working all day long and then my daughter has soccer practice and we don't get done until 7:30pm and don't get home until 8:15. This is where all my weight gain came from eating out every night due to being so BUSY!! I hate it. :wacko:

:lb10: :lb23: :lb24:

Kudos to you. Yes this was a victory for you. Keep up the good work. This is a great example of how to make the band work for all lifestyles, even fast food.