Port Site Discomfort

I always have this problem after a fill. Right now I have a pretty large bruise around my port from my unfill last week. Doc missed port on first try, took needle out and tried again with a new needle, had trouble but finally manuvered it in. There was a bit of blood, I got a little squeamish, a little light headed.......ended with immediate bruise and tenderness around port area.

Usually doesn't hurt, but this time arrrggggghhhhh!!!!

I agree that my experience is not typical. Usually I have no problem at all and don't even feel it as I am getting the fill. :rolleyes:

It seems that due to exercising and the way my body heals, I have a significant amount of scar tissue that has built up around my port. The scar tissue is very dense and vascular thus making it hard to penetrate and easy to bleed.

Again, this is not typical so don't let it scare you or make you anxious. You will be just fine. I just happen to be one of the lucky ones!!! :D

Uh oh, look what I started...not trying to scare off the newbies honest!!

I have a very tiny needle mark, no redness, no bruising or pain, the port area is just a little tender when I bend over.

It's painless and compared to the port pain after surgery, it's nothing!!!

Uh oh, look what I started...not trying to scare off the newbies honest!!

I have a very tiny needle mark, no redness, no bruising or pain, the port area is just a little tender when I bend over.

It's painless and compared to the port pain after surgery, it's nothing!!!

It's true!! I had my first fill on 7/31 and it's a small needle mark, no bruising or severe pain just discomfort when you touch the area or bend over at least that's what I experienced. Really it is painless compared to the port pain after surgery.