Poor Posture

I have poor posture, mostly because I sit behind behind a desk all day. It was so bad at one point. My dr approved a breast reduction because he thought that would help. It did a little. I have to remind myself to sit up straight. The drs have said that my spine leans to the right and has a small curve in it. I go to the chiropractor every month so he can attempt to straighten it. I can tell I have not gone for a month. I need to go back. Does anyone here have poor posture? How does it affect the band? Does it make any difference? Does your posture get better as you lose the weight? I am hoping so, that would be so cool. Thanks any information about be helpful.

Posture does have 2 elements working together to make it good. First a conscious effort to sit and stand tall and suck in the "core" as much as possible. the stronger your core is the more able you can do this. Now with excess weight it is more difficult and your muscles are out of shape I am assuming so this is more challenging. It's my opinion that weight loss alone will not help your posture but can help you to manage it better. There's alot of good info out there on how to strengthen your "core" as in pilates, ab work and many other ways. We must make an effort at all times to suck in our stomach and stand tall with or without extra weight to achieve optimal posture.

Posture does have 2 elements working together to make it good. First a conscious effort to sit and stand tall and suck in the "core" as much as possible. the stronger your core is the more able you can do this. Now with excess weight it is more difficult and your muscles are out of shape I am assuming so this is more challenging. It's my opinion that weight loss alone will not help your posture but can help you to manage it better. There's alot of good info out there on how to strengthen your "core" as in pilates, ab work and many other ways. We must make an effort at all times to suck in our stomach and stand tall with or without extra weight to achieve optimal posture.

Thats great information Julie.... Ive always known that i have poor posture but its funny now that i have had the banding that the port actually hurts when

im leaning more forward or not sitting straight.. so its like a jab to my abdomin saying " sit straight and stand tall " In a few more weeks and hopefully

a few less kilos (pounds) i may start doing some pilates core work to help.

If I drop a lot of weight in a short time my port site really hurts. It's because my skin hasn't had a chance to firm up and is putting extra pressure on my port. Sitting straight takes care of it but I'm soooo bad at it. To compensate I got a balance ball and use it as a chair at my desks when this happens. Maintaining my balance forces me to sit up proper and takes the pressure off my port site.

My brother, who has severe scholiosis and multiple back fractures told me to do some weight work to strengthen the muscles in my upper back. He says this will correct some of my posture issues naturally. He should know.

I have been too exhausted from my trip to his house to follow up yet, but I will.