Slow weight loss

Hi!!

I'm a "newbie" and I happened upon this website. I had my surgery performed locally in Indiana on 7/1/08. My first fill was yesterday (7/31/08) I've only lost 6lbs but everyone on this site has been really successful. I want to know if my slow weight loss is typical or if I'm being impatient. I chose the band because it was the least complicated and I know they said we should lose a healthy 1-2lbs per week but when I see others who've had the surgery it's like one day they're overweight and the next they're tiny. I'm also being treated for an underactive thyroid this affects my metabolism but still I was hoping to have lost a more than 6lbs. I have the Realize Band which is 9cc's and my fill yesterday was 4cc's.

By the way MamaMichelle I love your blog!! You are an amazing person

I LOVE MY BAND!!! I work really hard with the band so that I can have success with it. I watch very closely what I eat and I exercise every single day. I do not eat fast food or food in high fat or calories. I did not get fat overnight and I know that I will not get skinny overnight either. Patience...Patience is the key. As long as you are watching what you eat and exercise the band will do the rest( that is what I have come to realize for me). Stay strong and at the end you will see it was all worth it. :D

Don't be discouraged LadyV as you know we all lose at our own pace. It can be very frustrating when you see others numbers dropping more quickly than yours. You lost 6 pounds during a month when you are to be healing and not worry about weight loss so count this as a bonus. For some it's few giant leaps and for others it's baby steps all the way and others it's a mix. Easy to say but try and settle that in your heart so you won't be discouraged. Be proud of what YOU do!!

Hello and welcome!!

Congrats on your surgery. Once you have healed and have your fill, 1-2 lbs per week is average. Some more, some less depending on what you are eating, exercise and your monthly visitor.

It's a slow gradual process that takes time, so that you can change your lifestyle and keep it off. You have done great, keep up the good work!

Hi Ladyv, I had to have my thyroid removed about 5 years ago. I began gaining weight through out the years, and I tried losing weight but would lose 10 and then gain it back. I decided to have lap band in June.I lost most of my weight during the first month after surgery, and have'nt lost any more. We just have to be patient, and follow the rules, and most importantley excercise. So hang in there it will happen!