So I am learning I have no willpower............

today I have screwed up bad, I had a yogurt, a tiny bite of a burger, just the meat, slice of a tomato and 3 bites of a frosty. I am full and miserable so back to clear liquids and following the calendar and are full liquids the creamy soups? What day am I supposed to start that?

You are testing your band.

It's a very odd variation of "Mother, may I?"

We curious ones are the tough ones. I don't have an obedient bone in my body. Evidently, neither do you.

Now, back to liquids. We can weather a lot of hell for 8 grand.

Although the choices you made were not great, you did not overeat by any means. So you do have some willpower.

I find when I get off track, I stick to protein only. Chicken, fish, steak and pork. I am a sucker for potatoes and bread, which is my downfall.

Get back on track and you'll be fine.

Obiedience has never been my strong point and i have spent most of the day crying because I don't think I can do this but I will make myself do it if it kills me! So someone please help me out and make sure I am reading everything correctly, I am on day 5 so I have 2 more days of clear liquid

Day 8 and 9 are clear liquids and 1- 1/2 cup of drinkable yougurt

day 10 to 21 are soups, optifast and yogurt so if I did 1/2 cup yogurt for breakfast, optifast for lunch and creamy soup for dinner would I be reading and doing the right thing? My question is how much soup do I eat, 1/2 cup? and of course my water and gatorade

Hopefully I will stop freaking out I did buy some specialK protein water hopefully that will help for my hunger

Obiedience has never been my strong point and i have spent most of the day crying because I don't think I can do this but I will make myself do it if it kills me! So someone please help me out and make sure I am reading everything correctly, I am on day 5 so I have 2 more days of clear liquid

day 10 to 21 are soups, optifast and yogurt so if I did 1/2 cup yogurt for breakfast, optifast for lunch and creamy soup for dinner would I be reading and doing the right thing? My question is how much soup do I eat, 1/2 cup? and of course my water and gatorade

Hopefully I will stop freaking out I did buy some specialK protein water hopefully that will help for my hunger

fibercon chewable tablets helps immensely cure the food craving. that, and get busy doign something instead of thinking o you are hungry, that seems to help me.

Oh my bad, I just realized you were still on your post op diet plan. Be very careful, no solids for 21 days, it can cause problems with your band. But, during your 21 day post op plan, you can drink and eat as much creamy soup and yogurt as you want or need. Do not count calories or quantities, you need to concentrate on healing and keeping yourself hydrated.

Counting calories comes with solid food.

You are going to ruin your band if you keep eating before the 21 days are up. Pull out the notes Dr. Miranda gave you and follow them. You can drink all you want during these 21 days, even milkshakes to get you full but no food! Cathy is right, no calorie counting this 21 days, but no food either! Make up your mind and do it or you may as well throw the 8 grand away. Please, for your own good.

Milkshakes and stuff are not until day 10 right? So the few bites of frosty I had were ok, they are like a milkshake? I just had a 3oz drinkable yogurt and that really filled me, that is the most I have had in days

Someone please read my other post about how I am supposed to e following the diet and make sure I'm reading the instructions correctly

Milkshakes and stuff are not until day 10 right? So the few bites of frosty I had were ok, they are like a milkshake? I just had a 3oz drinkable yogurt and that really filled me, that is the most I have had in days

Someone please read my other post about how I am supposed to e following the diet and make sure I'm reading the instructions correctly

You are not the only one who screwed up today. I am 11 days post op, doing great, no cheating, THEN, my brother that lives with us ordered Pizza Hut and pizza is a weakness for me. GOD DID I PAY!!!!! :wacko: :lb6: :lb1: It got stuck and was not pleasant at all. I was walking it off and sticking my finger down my throat for an hour before it went through. However, I am curred of eating it again. Why is it always so damn hard for me (and others) to follow the rules. I have always been a rule breaker and I can't do that with this. I am halfway to full fluid and I can do this. LET'S DO IT TOGETHER!!!!!! :lb23: :lb4: :lb16:

Hugs

Trudy

Please understand that there are reasons why you are on a liquid diet for 21 days. The band is stitched to your stomach and until those stitches are scarred over it is not permanently in place. When you eat solid food it places stress on those stitches which can cause the band to move or slip. Please for you sake and the sake of your band do not cheat on the liquid diet again.

Please understand that there are reasons why you are on a liquid diet for 21 days. The band is stitched to your stomach and until those stitches are scarred over it is not permanently in place. When you eat solid food it places stress on those stitches which can cause the band to move or slip. Please for you sake and the sake of your band do not cheat on the liquid diet again.

I am back on track today. No more food until August13th for me...now I am going to be scared to eat on that day. I don't want to have it get stuck again.

Hugs

Trudy

The milkshake is fine. Many of us have "tested" out our band in the liquid stage. Don't feel like you are the only one who has done this. I know no one is perfect and we all will slip in some way or another. The important thing to do is dust yourself off and start all over again. Each day or even each hour is a new beginning!!

Take care and be healthy!!

Dr. Miranda wrote on my instructions that on day 4 you could have liquid yogurt if you needed it, which I did. At day 7 you can start the full liquid phase which consists of creamy soups, ice cream type things, yogurt, puddings, and whatever else you can think of. These things need to have no chunks...period.

Stop freaking out you are moving past the first several days and healing is already happening. I do like my protein water. I also added benbefiber to anything liquid as it dissolves completely and there is no sign you have added it. It gives you the fiber you need to help stay full.

Hope this helps.

I understand no willpower. Boy, do I ever. But I don't understand eating right after surgery, which is doing something that can, in a very short time, cause physical harm to myself. It would be like eating a really tempting pizza that I knew had poison on it. Why would I eat something I know will hurt me? Maybe you should think of solids that way: as a tempting, but poisonous thing. I would advise you to watch Dr Ortiz's video about slippage, which should cure you of eating too soon.

I never knew soup could be soooooooo good!! LOL I had a coffee mug of cream of asparagus no chunks of course and it felt like I was eating a steak today was day 6 for me and my belly has been rubling like craazy so I thought it was souptime!!