Help!! Need encouragement!!!

Hello everyone. I was banded on July 7 at OCC. I did not do well with my post-op diet. That was short lived because Dr. O had a talk with me that I will never forget. I was back on track after that. I am on solids now and I have been able to eat the same amount as I did before. I feel like a loser. Hard habits are hard to break. :( I am having pain on my right side. How do you know if you have stretched your pouch? What do you do if you have stretched your pouch? I am freaking out and I hope all is well. Any advice?

Thanks,

Tee

Well, there isn't anything on your right side. The band itself is up between your breasts and the port is about an inch below and to the left of the biggest incision so I am not sure what the right side pain would be. But, why do you think it is stretched? What did you do that was wrong?

I figured I had a stretched pouch by the amount of food I am able to consume. I ate solids before my three weeks were up. Dr. O was not a happy camper. :angry:

The pain is on my right side toward my back. Thanks for letting me know where everything is located and for the feedback.

Tee

Hello everyone. I was banded on July 7 at OCC. I did not do well with my post-op diet. That was short lived because Dr. O had a talk with me that I will never forget. I was back on track after that. I am on solids now and I have been able to eat the same amount as I did before. I feel like a loser. Hard habits are hard to break. :( I am having pain on my right side. How do you know if you have stretched your pouch? What do you do if you have stretched your pouch? I am freaking out and I hope all is well. Any advice?

Thanks,

Tee

Not sure what the right sided pain is, perhaps gas like Cathy suggested. Don't feel like a loser, be a loser!! We are what we make ourselves. I too have had my struggles but every day I just start fresh and try to reach one small, small attainable goal. If you worry you've stretched your band I think it was Paula Bee who had the same concern. I remember she did a special diet recommended by Dr. Miranda I think for about 3 weeks or so. She said they could tell because on the fluoro they could see the pouch "cupcaking" up over the band. Call Dr. Miranda and talk to her. If it's not you Paula or if it is perhaps you can address this one better than I can with some of the tips you followed. I hope you don't mind Paula I just thought you wouldn't mind sharing your experience as you are always so helpful.

Hang in there Tee we all have struggles and you just need to keep focused on your goals!!