Band Fill

As you know I had my first fill on 7/31, but I don't feel any restriction; I felt more restricted before my fill. I was instructed to eat solids on the 3rd day and about 3 days after eating solids I should notice the restriction well I don't. Is this normal? My doctor had a hard time locating my port because I didn't have it filled during surgery but she was confident that she'd gotten 4cc's in. She also suggested that I call her today to let her know if I wanted to come back in this week but when I spoke with her I chose not to because I wanted to give the adjustment time to kick in. She did say that I could come back in next Thursday but my 2nd fill is scheduled for the Aug 28th.

Can you give me some advise?

I have had two fills. I felt restriction immediately after the fill was performed but that feeling soon went away. Too soon!

I am scheduled for my third fill now. And I have a feeling - this one is it ;)

I too have been struggling with this question. My logical mind wants to understand how I can feel the restriction days after it is put in??? Finally after my first fill I think I understand what happens to me at least. I am one of those people who swell over the slightest little thing so my experience may not be the same as the next person. I got my first fill at 1cc in a 4cc band. I did not feel any different. Now about a week and a half later I do feel some restriction. I think it is the reaction of the tissue where the fill is that swells as things have to squeeze through that causes it. I also suspect that this feeling will be very short lived. I expect to get a second fill in another week or two but at least now I think I understand why the fills have to progress slowly and why it takes a while to feel a difference. I suspect that when I get to around two or more in my band I will have real restriction rather than the swelling type. Anyone else out there have theories about this whole thing?

Cheryl

i would recommend waiting until the scheduled fill of aug 28th. i cant explain why it can take so long for a fill to kick in but for some reason it does. i know we want this to all work immediately but it is better in the long run if you stick to the schedule and dont become impatient for it to kick in... some people have had that terrifying feeling of getting over filled and then having to get it completely unfilled and wait and start all over.. even if it takes 2 or 3 months to get to the right fill restriction it is worth it. just my opinion :)

kim

My fill always kicks in full force about 1-2 weeks after I receive it. Weird, huh?