chiropractic adjustments with lapband?

i have had back issues on and off for many many years. with my fibromialgia, massage is just not an option - causes me to inflame :(( chiropractic care is the only thing that seems to help and i have full coverage for it with my insurance! i'm wondring if it's still alright, seeing as they usually bend and twist my mid section lots.

Not so sure about the chiropractor. Perhaps after the 3 month period, or if you tell them of your no abdominal exercises restriction they can "personalize" the adjustment to meet this need.

Trina: I had a massage after about 6 weeks, before 1st fill and did fine. As long as you can lay comfortably on your stomach by now you'll do fine. I don't know about you but I NEVER have them do my abdominals or anywhere near that area so again it shouldnt be a problem. One time I went for a massage and this lady started working on my stomach area, I about jumped off the bed. Not because it hurt or was inappropriate really I was just so self-conscious about my fat belly I didn't want it touched by myself, let alone a stranger. The abs are so buried I found no point in this !!!

I just had a vision that maybe someday after I get to goal I wouln't have this kind of reaction but maybe be proud of my tummy........no, I really didn't/wouldn't ever enjoy or be able to relax as someone massages my "abs"!!! Now maybe a guy with a 6 pack if he would let me massage his abs..... :good2: Volunteers????

i have had back issues on and off for many many years. with my fibromialgia, massage is just not an option - causes me to inflame :(( chiropractic care is the only thing that seems to help and i have full coverage for it with my insurance! i'm wondring if it's still alright, seeing as they usually bend and twist my mid section lots.

I went to my chiropractor 7 days after surgery. I popped out a rib, hurt like hell!!! I had no problems, just let him know you have surgery.

Hugs

Trudy

thanks so much for the response! great to hear that it's been fine with many of you. i'll let him know of the surgery and show him where my port is - there just may be a few "moves" he doesn't do and that's fine as long as i get some relief!

and julie b, i'll second that order!