Soda Pop Question

OK all this soda pop talk has me wondering....what about slurpees??? They have ice and there doesn't seem to be any carbonation? I haven't had one...but I miss the cola flavor...not the carbonation and wonder if these are cheating or not???

I think slurpees are fine in regards to not having any carbonation. Now are they cheating? It depends what stage you are in and your diet plan.. They are full of sugar... probably several hundred calories in one. If your on liquids still you'll be fine if you want to have a treat now and then. After you get back on solids though be careful for the reason as they are straight sugar. Hope this helps.

Julie's right, empty calories! I quit Diet coke and all carbonated drinks on May 27th and although there are days when I would like to feel the burn of carbonation, I know I can't.

Cold turkey is for the best, if you taste it, you will want more. Be strong and safe your calories for eating!

Thanks for your replies friends! :) . Since I am still on liquids, I might have a small one as a treat. I agree it won't be worth the calories when solids start. I never thought to make a slurpee with crystal light!!! Great IDEA!!!

I have been having trouble getting very many calories on liquids. I never thought that would come out of my mouth, lol. I get full so fast and feel like all I do is drink, drink, drink. OK enough whining, if I could I'd have some cheese with my wine, lol:)

Anything without carbonation is fine EXCEPT for those calories. I think the main reason I lost weight so quickly is because I drink no calories. It used to be tough, but I am used to it now. I only drink water, unsweet tea, or coffee with sweetener.

I am not gonna lie, I have had a few milkshakes in this hot South MS weather, but I always feel terrible afterwards. Do you know a McDonald's SMALL shake has over 700 calories? :unsure: That made me stop that really quick! LOL

There are some gas stations around that have Diet Coke Slurpees. They are the bomb!!! I tell my kids if they can find me one, I'll give them $20.00. LOL I have a hard time finding them, but when I do...I get them once in awhile. They do have Crystal Light slurpees at lots of different stores. They are way too sweet for me and I can't gag them down. I wish I could somehow magically get Diet Coke Slurpees near my house. GOOD LUCK!!!!!