Are your eyes still bigger than your stomach?

I have found that I have not learned yet to order something small when I go out. In the back of my mind, I know I can't eat a meal like I used to but I guess old habits die hard! Yesterday we went to eat Mexican for lunch. (Our Mexican lap bands make us crave it, right? LOL) I had about 5-6 chips and salsa. I used to could eat two baskets full. My chicken taco salad came and I ate two bites of it. Two bites! I was so full that I had to go to the restroom and spit the 2nd bite back up. It was so good too..I really wanted to eat it.

My point is, I am still learning. I should have skipped the chips and salsa so I could have enjoyed my taco salad more.

Oh yes yes yes....I went out for dinner with a friend, even before my fill and ordered a steak, baked potato and veggies and I ate about 5-6 bites of steak, a few veggies, 2 bites of potato and left the rest. Oh, did I want more!!! But I was so full, I just couldn't. Dinner out is becoming a waste of food, so either it's appetizers now (which don't give you many healthy choices) or making dinner at home.

It's hard leaving food on your plate...I am not used to that!! I am happy I can, but need to adjust big time!!

Has anyone used the little card they gave us telling us it's ok to order of the kids menu because we had WLS ?? I always forget about it but then when I do remember I feel kinda embarrassed and never do it. also have you SEEN what's on kids menu's??!! Corn dog & fries / grilled cheese & fries / pizza & fries / Chix fingers & fries / hot dog & fries... stuff I couldn't eat any way!

i have always had the same problem. i usually take a doggy bag home and have left overs for a couple days. my bf was getting so mad at me when we would go out to dinner bc he felt i wasted so much food and he felt obligated to eat it... after he gained 15 lbs we decided we would share a main entree and i might get a soup on the side.

kim

Kim I did the same thin a few days ago with Mexican. Just as you I hate about 5-6 chips instead of 2-3 baskets and then my chicken tostado showed up and after the 2nd bite (yes it was the 2nd bite also) I could feel it in my chest and then I knew I was going to slime. I hurridly went to the restroom and yes mine too came up. Oh man I was really hungry though because I hadn't eaten but 1 protein shake and this was 7 pm. I packaged up my whole meal and it's till in the fridge.

Yes old habits die hard.

Yes it is hard to change that habit! We have started sharing the main dish if we are eating out. But when we go to eat Mexican I am just in trouble cause I love love love chips and salsa so I never make it to the main dish! :D I have to work on this one really hard ;)

Mexican is my all time favorite thing to eat. I've gotten into the habit of counting out 5 chips and pushing the rest of the bowl to my hubby and daughter to share. I break up the 5 chips into small pieces and eat each piece as if it were a whole chip. Then for my entree', I've been ordering tamales off the a'la'carte menu and having them topped with chili con carne. I also ask for frijoles a la chara (beans) and eat those. So far, I'm able to eat my 5 chips with salsa, 1 tamale and a couple of bites of beans, then I'm stuffed. The tamales go down really well because the meat inside is shredded and very tender.

Just a tip from a mexican food nut!

Denise

Mexican is my all time favorite thing to eat. I've gotten into the habit of counting out 5 chips and pushing the rest of the bowl to my hubby and daughter to share. I break up the 5 chips into small pieces and eat each piece as if it were a whole chip. Then for my entree', I've been ordering tamales off the a'la'carte menu and having them topped with chili con carne. I also ask for frijoles a la chara (beans) and eat those. So far, I'm able to eat my 5 chips with salsa, 1 tamale and a couple of bites of beans, then I'm stuffed. The tamales go down really well because the meat inside is shredded and very tender.

Just a tip from a mexican food nut!

Denise

That's a GREAT idea!

I can eat a whole Lean Cuisine still, but not a whole "lunch out" portion...and it holds longer than it used to. I'm really looking forward to restriction like you're experiencing!

I have noticed that I do the same. I will fill my plate, then realize that there is no way I am going to eat it all. SOOOOO cooollll. I love to eat, but I also love to lose weight, so....................the weight wins!!