My friend is an herb nut and she told me about a few things I could take to help boost my weight loss. Her Mother and Grandmother both takes no RX's and only take herbs. They are both healthy as a horse!

I am currently taking Flax Seed Oil (for my cholesterol, blood pressure, overall health) It has Omega 3,6,and 9 in it.

I am also taking Energizer for my hair/skin/nails. It has B6, B12, Zinc, Niacin, Biotin in it.

The last thing I take is a Green Tea Herbal Metabolizer. I have always had a slow metabolism so I am hoping this herb will speed up the process and help my body burn more calories.

My problem is that one of them is making me feel sick all day. It is like a nauseous, pit of your stomach sickness. I have to figure out which one it is. I feel 100% better since I started taking them and I really hate to stop any of them. They give me tons of needed energy that I have been lacking since I started losing weight. My friend told me it may be the Zinc in the Energizer hair pills.

Hey Kimmie, I would imagine it was the Green Tea that's making you feel sick. It has caffine in it and it makes me sick too.

It's like taking those NO Doze pills, YUCK!

The rest of it sounds good. I was taking Ginko and stopped cause my Doc said it can thin your blood. [i was bruising really easily.] Best wishes, Darlene

I am betting on the green tea also. After my banding I tried to take one of my usual 1/2 caffeine pills I use instead of coffee or tea and OH MAN was I sick.. I then tried some 1/2 caff tea and felt less intensity but the same kind of nausea from the pill. Better try deleting it first and give it a few days and see how you feel. If you feel better you've nailed it first try. If not gradually stop each of the other things to figure it out. Good luck. I do believe strongly in the power of herbs as well. When I went to my chinese medicine Dr. she mixed up a terrible tasting concoction that I took daily and those were some of the healthiest days of my life. Need to get back to her.

Every day for about the last 16 years...We own an herb store and I hold an N.D. So since I have been banded I take a lot of liquids and a sublingual Coq10. My liquids are my multivitamin, a Rx Ultra Joint Formula, a Liquid Calcium and of course the Liquid Flax Oil. That's all my kids and I have ever used. My 17 year old has never been to the Dr....but, the day isn't over yet. So don't get me wrong there's a time and a place for everything.

;)

Hi :)

Sounds like yur looking after yourself, I should make notes on a few of those things you mentioned.

I know that when I was in my severe anorexic stages the dr made me have zinc, I don't know why nor am i interested that much anymore, however the zinc did make me nauseous and twice i vomited within 30 minutes of taking it, I think it would be the Zinc, unless yur sensitive to something else. Let me know when you find out I'm interested in that. I hope you find out what it is.

I didn't take any of them today because I didn't want to be sick all day. B)

I am pretty sure it is the Zinc or the Green Tea..now I just have to figure out which one.