Getting ready

So if my surgery is on the 19th of Sept. Does that mean around the 1st, I would start the pre-op diet? Does someone call me from OCC or if my BMI is 39.9, then I dont need to call them, so I just start it and go from there? I figured I would do the slim fast in morning and afternoon and then the lean cuisine. Maybe I should start on the 10th instead. Hubby has BMI of 43.3, I think he has to call and talk to someone there. Dr Miranda. I think maybe she will give him advise or something. I was just wondering how all this worked. And how, geesh how do you just stop eating. Can I still have my mochas' during this time?

No Mochas during the pre-op diet, unless they are zero calorie.

Stormy, my bmi was 35 and I still called Dr. Miranda, maybe you and your husband will both be able to do a conference call with her together.

She is very straightforward and doesn't BS, when I told her that I typically ate lean cuisines daily anyway, she said, well then why are you overweight and need this surgery? She doesn't mess around and will tell you like it is.

You know what, just start it now. Your eating habits have to change so the longer you have to get used to it, I would go for it. And be sure to enjoy the chewing because once you have the surgery, there won't be any jaw exercises for 3 weeks! I totally MISS chewing food. I miss flavors. Actually, I just think I miss food right now, but not enough to eat it. Its so much fun to step on the scale and see a pound gone. I LOVE waking up in the monring to see where I am at each morning!

My surgery is 8/26 and I've been doing a low carb high protein diet right now and I will continue to do so just to keep me in the routine. I really NEED/WANT this to work. I feel the sooner I can get in a routine, the easier it will be, at least that is what I am hoping for. :D

Giving up the mochas will be the hard part. I do have it with low fat milk but I doubt that makes a difference. I will go look at slim fast tonight and see what flavors it comes in. Now if she talks to me like that, I dont like that at all. She dont have to be rude. That just seemed rude. Just cause we eat lean cuisines dont mean we wont get fat. Geesh. Guess I am in a mood today. My anxiety is high. I need to take care of that. Once this is over, I will feel better.

I started my pre-op diet as soon as I booked my surgery. I was gonna make damn sure I was gonna lose the required weight to have the surgery after travelling all the way to Mexico. Go ahead and start cutting back, changing your habits, and getting ready for this life change. It is a huge step and you will never again eat like you did in the past. I now question everything I put in my mouth. I used to just eat everything without even thinking about it.

The time has come for you to get in the weight loss frame of mind and be strong. You can do it, girlfriend!!

Oh Stormy my dear absolutely no Mocha's unless you use sugar free chocolate and NON-Fat milk. Those extra calories in drinks really add up. You can't spare even 50 calories when you are needing to be serious about this weight loss before surgery. I too URGE you to start your pre-op "changes" diet, whatever you want to call it ASAP. You do not need the added anxiety of maybe not losing enough weight that you will surely have if you don't lose the recommended weight. You do need to talk with Dr. Miranda and so does your husband. I think you each should have a separate conversation with her as you each have your own journey. Try not to be defensive about anything anyone will say at this point as it is counter productive to your goal. You cannot be stressed out and anxious and expect to be successful.

So get going, the sooner the better. Don't put off until tomorrow or especially DO NOT WAIT until Sept. 10th to start the pre-op work. Call Dr. Miranda or email her and she will call you back at her convenience. She may say 2 weeks before is fine but I'm telling you from my experience it's a very stressful 2 weeks prior to surgery anyway and the extra stress of having to lose so much weight makes it worse!!