What are the post-op drinks that you had?

WormButterfly

Hello :)

Im just wondering what some of the different brands of post op drinks you had where.

I was recommended 'Optislim' I think, there are others I know as well which might be good like :

Optimax

Sustagen

(But that's all I know off so I am hoping some experts here can fill me in)

But id love to know yours as im pre- preparing for my op.

I know about the juices and soups etc but I am after only the ones you can buy because I might not be in the mood to do stuff after the op :)

Thanks everyone xx

I thought the only time we were supposed to have these type of drinks were immediately following the surgery. I didn't think we were supposed to have them while able to eat solids. Am I confused?

If you are looking for something yummy to drink while on liquids, I was excited to drink a Jamba Juice. Not the one that you have make for you but if you go to their store, they have prepackaged juices. They are just like the ones they make you, yet thinner in consistency. I found mine in the produce section of my grocery store. THEY ARE SOOO Yummy and I feel like I'm getting a treat.

230 calories

1g fat

60mg sodium

51 carbs

3g protein

At this stage of the game, that is all fine and dandy with me. When I get on solids though, these will be a no-no except ONCE IN A BLUE MOON. Hey, trust me, they are better for you than having them make them fory ou because then all those numbers double!

I thought the only time we were supposed to have these type of drinks were immediately following the surgery. I didn't think we were supposed to have them while able to eat solids. Am I confused?

If you are looking for something yummy to drink while on liquids, I was excited to drink a Jamba Juice. Not the one that you have make for you but if you go to their store, they have prepackaged juices. They are just like the ones they make you, yet thinner in consistency. I found mine in the produce section of my grocery store. THEY ARE SOOO Yummy and I feel like I'm getting a treat.

230 calories

1g fat

60mg sodium

51 carbs

3g protein

At this stage of the game, that is all fine and dandy with me. When I get on solids though, these will be a no-no except ONCE IN A BLUE MOON. Hey, trust me, they are better for you than having them make them fory ou because then all those numbers double!

These are for the liquid phase.

Muscle milk light blended with extra water (cause its too sweet alone) and ICe--this was great

Vanilla protein powder blende with canteloupe.

And if I'm really really hungry Burger Kings Vanilla or Chocolate shakes.

and

Egg Drop soup was a lifesaver. no chinese noodles.

Slim Fast Optima

Slim Fast High Protein

EAS Myoplex Lite

And my favorite is Atkins Advantage

I personally didn't like the muscle milk light, funny coconutty taste in the chocolate and too sweet

I agree Muscle milk light is too sweet but if you dilute it with milk or water, add ice and blend,

its truly fanastic,

David

Guest CaraMBA09

hate to say it, but any of the slimfast shakes are LOADED with sugars/high fructose corn syrups....

I plan on sticking with the EAS products - ready to drink and as Julie said the Myoplex Lite (vanilla is my FAVORITE)

Atkins also has great flavor .

Hello :)

Im just wondering what some of the different brands of post op drinks you had where.

I was recommended 'Optislim' I think, there are others I know as well which might be good like :

Optimax

Sustagen

(But that's all I know off so I am hoping some experts here can fill me in)

But id love to know yours as im pre- preparing for my op.

I know about the juices and soups etc but I am after only the ones you can buy because I might not be in the mood to do stuff after the op :)

Thanks everyone xx

Hi again WormButterfly... what worked best for me is Opti-fast (chocolate) my Dr recommended that 1 week prior to surgery for Breakfast, lunch and dinner..

was a little tuff and was hungry and emotional for the first few days.. but it was sooooo worth it. Ive noticed that some of the things mentioned (recommended)we dont have here in Australia... which is a bit of a bummer... i was told you could also have Tony Furgerson shakes which is available from Bloom and Terry White pharmacy's. I was banded here in Sydney on the 22nd of July and my starting weight was 106.7 kilos... with opti fast in the past 4 weeks i have dropped 10 kg which is about 22lbs... ive been told that will slow down but thats okay too... Also since being banded ive been taking Supradyn which is a daily vitamin supplement which dissolves in about half a cup of water... just have to remember to let it go flat before drinking .Im still pretty new at this too but i hope that helps.

hate to say it, but any of the slimfast shakes are LOADED with sugars/high fructose corn syrups....

I plan on sticking with the EAS products - ready to drink and as Julie said the Myoplex Lite (vanilla is my FAVORITE)

Atkins also has great flavor .

Yes I since have realized that and never use them anymore. I just bought a new ready made one in a little box thing at costco that I have yet to try called "PremierNutrition Protein" It's whey based, chocolate, and has 30gms of protein per 11 oz. I hope it's good because I bought 2 cases. I still have to use these for breakfasts as I am just usually too tight in the AM to eat solids. I also don't have time to prepare anything mushy enough to eat. I do do an egg now and then, scrambled with cheese. I eat about half of 1 egg and that's it!

Edit to Post: I just tried the new drink I talked about. It not too bad and I can drink it. It needs to be ICE cold though and has a thicker kind of weird texture but as I said it is going down fine. Since it has such a high protein content I think that's why the sort of weird texture. I had the same kind of texture taste in my protein bullets with 25 grams of protein. I think it's how they pack so much protein into such small amount of liquid or something.

Guest CaraMBA09

Hey Julie

since we are on "clear" liquids the first week, do you recommend some type of protein based powder for water?

I was going to go into the health food store, but am not really interested in getting lectured about a lapband...which is WHY I have only told my husband, my aunt (who is going to TJ with me), one of my closest friends and this fat guy at work I am really good friends with. I had one friend start ranting and raving about me going to TJ and I basically would not talk to her for a month...(fortunately she lives in Louisiana), OH and she is also miss skinny thing, size 8