Scared

I am going to solids on Wednesday and I am scared. What was the first thing you ate after the liquids? I don't want to experience the "stuck" feeling again. That is aweful! Any suggestions on what I should eat

Hugs

Trudy

Hi Trudy, I felt the same way, I ate chicken strips with bbq sauce, slimed the up which helped them go down easier, my surgeon told me as long as you chew well and eat slowly, you should be just fine.

I haven't had any trouble at all, until today, I ate too fast, it got stuck and I started sliming...but I am okay now. Don't let it scare you, it's been 2 months since my surgery and it was my fault today. Be consciencious of what you are doing and you'll do fine.

I started back up with some chunky soup and I can't for the life of me remember what I had for supper! That's sad since I dreamed about eating for 21 days! LOL

I started back up with some chunky soup and I can't for the life of me remember what I had for supper! That's sad since I dreamed about eating for 21 days! LOL

oh my god! only 4 more days and I can eat and not feel guilty.

really looking forward to that.

Trudy, I am going to have a hamburger (no bread), some vegatables, some fruit and maybe a baked potato when I can eat again

I have not had the stuck problem.

OK here goes.

Lord (and lap band Nazis) please forgive me...... becuase duing the liquid phase I slipped

and had a burger, farina and the wantons in the wanton soup.

oh and also for the bread in the onion soup. oh and the croutons in my split pea soup which I asked the waitress not to put in

but apparently she forgot. Oh well.

It's just that solid food was the only thing to relieve the horrible gas and acid reflux i experienced during this liquid phase and post op.

I called the center and they were not really very helpful at this point. Dr So said that maybe Dr Miranda can modify this phase for you because you are having trouble. Dr Mirnda would not budge. So I listened to my body. It's my body.

I know some of you Lap Band Nazi's will really beat me up for this but It's too late; I already ate it. So get over it.

And if you were able to do this liquid phase without slipping...more power to you.

I have been generally good , except for the above but how exciting that in just 4 days... I don't have to feel quilty about a burger and croutons in my soupl

Did I mention I was down 13 lbs? So there you lap band nazis!

David

Guest CaraMBA09

:D

you are funny.

I am not an expert...but I guess you are damn lucky your band did not slip.

more power to ya'

I have taken a mental not to self...I get banded 9/15/08

all the best!

Cara

I know some of you Lap Band Nazi's will really beat me up for this but It's too late; I already ate it. So get over it.

And if you were able to do this liquid phase without slipping...more power to you.

I have been generally good , except for the above but how exciting that in just 4 days... I don't have to feel quilty about a burger and croutons in my soupl

Did I mention I was down 13 lbs? So there you lap band nazis!

So I guess you are including Dr Ortiz as a lap band nazi. Maybe you should take a look at his video about slippage--the link is at the bottom of the main forum page.

PS You aren't out of the woods yet.

David -- wow. It's GREAT that you've lost 13 pounds! It's so cool that you're seeing the pounds disappear!

It's your body, it's your band. We're your cheering section -- each other's cheering section. You're in the cheering section, too.

Knowing that we're all in this together, we're cheering for you to succeed. We won't help you sabotage yourself. That would be like rooting for the shark in Jaws while he eats the cool old captain dude..

(I was rooting for the unseen villians in The Blair Witch Project, so I'm capable of rooting for failure, but I digress)

You're an adult. Like an adult going to confession, you came here to confess. You didn't ask for absolution, you just hoped that we'd tell you that everything would be okay. Maybe it will be, and I can honestly say that I genuinely hope so. No normal person -- especially one who has struggled with weight loss and is banded -- wants your band to slip or wants you to fail.

What kind of a cheering section would be be if we said -- "eh, it's just a cheeseburger or a few croutons. You'll be all right. Heck have another."? Is your priest going to say, "dude, it's just a little shoplifting,"? Nope.

I'm not a band Nazi. I'm not saying "No Soup (with croutons) for you!". I'm the cheering section saying, "You know better. You slipped. Stop beating yourself up, but get back with it. Stop testing the band and let your body heal."

It's my job. Chill out with the "SO THERE" stuff. That chip on your shoulder is making your shirts look funny.