Embarassingly weak

Well, low and behold! I finally started an exercise plan. I go to water aerobics on MWF and flexibility classes on TU Th. I am so tired afterward that I take a nap in the afternoon and go to bed early each night. I am really enjoying the water aerobics and have met several new friends my age. I have also talked to a number of them about lap band surgery, and one day didn't get away until 1.5 hours after the class ended.

I am not so sure about flexibility class. It is an AOA class, (Active Older Adults, although I am neither active, or older,) and there is no impact activity at all. I ended up hurting in just about every muscle for the few days afterward, even though the class is gentle.

I knew I was out of shape, but honestly, I had no idea it was so bad.

I am anxious to see if these classes improve the strength in my knees and lower back. In the meantime, I will go when I am too sleepy, sleep when it makes me too tired, and be happy because I have done something positive for myself just by leaving the house and exercising.

I wonder how many steps 1 hour of water aerobics has in it? :)

Go Paula! Go Paula!

You know I saw they have underwater treadmills now that you can put in your hot tub, so I guess if you had a waterproof pedometer you could count the steps!

I think an hour of water aerobics is great no matter how many steps it equals!!

Way to go, Paula!

It will get easier, I promise. When I first started walking I would be exhausted, sore legs, and the whole nine yards after just a few minutes. Now I can outwalk my Husband! LOL It really aggravates him too and I love it! Haha

Way to go, Paula!

It will get easier, I promise. When I first started walking I would be exhausted, sore legs, and the whole nine yards after just a few minutes. Now I can outwalk my Husband! LOL It really aggravates him too and I love it! Haha

Me too! I used to suck wind when I would walk around the block (about 1 mile). Now, I am running 5 minutes, walking 5 minutes, running 5 minutes, etc. for 45 minutes then doing 30 on the elliptical machine on top of that. It is amazing how fast the body improves with activity. I started swimming again next week, at my local Y. I was able to swim 3 sets of 20 lengths of the pool. I would swim 20 lengths then stop for a couple minutes and jog in place, then another 20, jog, 20. It took me 45 minutes altogether and I was EXHAUSTED afterward, but boy oh boy I felt like I had achieved something.

Paula, you keep up the great work and I bet in no time at all you will see a difference in your strength. My knees were bad too and I noticed the other day when I was walking down the flight of stairs at work, I wasn't grasping the handrail like it was there to save my life. I just walked down the stairs like a normal person.

I love my band!

Paula, You are doing awesome, girl!!! Keep it up and I promise you it will get easier and easier. I miss my water aerobics and can't wait for the kiddos to get back into school so that I can go back. It made my legs so strong and now they are actually shapely and getting skinny!!! I have never in my life had skinny legs!!! You might need to add some Vitamin B12 to your diet. I was getting really tired and the Vit. B12 helped quite a bit when my Dr. checked me it was borderline low. He also checked a bunch of other things that could have been causing the fatigue, but everything else was normal....also stress can wear you down a little bit......I know that we ALL have stress in our lives! Just some ideas. Hang in there and keep being a great Band-ambassador!

Thank you all... for the suggestions and especially the encouragement. You are all dear to me.

Paula

Paula, you are doing the right thing, be easy on yourself doing the stretches, if you pull something it could set you back. Don't stop, just work your way up. I used to teach exercise classes.

Like Kim, I started out so slow on the treadmill, in less than 10 minutes I was soaked. Well yesterday, it took 18 minutes to work up a sweat and I can stay on for 75 minutes. I am getting very stiff from months on the treadmill and today, after months on the treadmill, I am adding a much needed stretch video to my routine. It should be easier now that I have lost so many pounds and inches. :)

I am so proud of you Paula. I love the water and need to get my butt to my local pool to try this. It is one of the best places to be for anyone with any joint/pain issues but also just for the great feeling being in the water gives a person. Keep it up sweetie and soon you'll get past the feeling of how out of shape you are and realize just how in shape you have gotten!!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>