My band just paid for itself

I haven't written in a while. Truth is, I just don't have a lot to say lately. :lol:

I've been having a rough summer. Got laid off the end of June, started a new consulting position that I absolutely despise.

I've been upset and angry about my situation and everything was ripe for a pity party binge. I had made pasta for dinner - one of my old, best binge foods for dinner and there was lots left.

When I went in the kitchen to feed the cats, I shoved in a couple of mouthfuls. Then I shoved in a couple of more. Then my eyes bulged out of my head and I got a tightness in my chest and the last bite I took didn't get any farther than the back of my throat. There was no where for it to go.

What did I do? I put another bite in my mouth. Old habits die hard. While I was chewing and chewing (I realized I couldn't swallow it) I thought how stupid I'm being. I spit out what was in my mouth and started walking around trying to get the lump in my chest to go away.

Then I realized that this is my band doing its job. I could have eaten enough pasta for 4 or 5 people. Strike that. I WOULD have eated all of the pasta and then anything else I could find.

Yes, it's there helping me on a day to day basis, but what it did for me tonight is priceless.

Oh, you're probably wondering what I did instead of binge. I sat down and wrote this and I feel so much better.

Thank all of you for being here. That's priceless too.

Jena

That feeling is worth a fortune. Oh wait.. it did cost a fortune : )

I like the times when i eat a little, then wait .... and lo and behold.... I'm not hungry anymore. I'm FULL... just after a little bit of my former portions.

Just that confidence... that feeling of success from eating a little bit and being quite content with it... makes my band priceless.

Way to go Jenn! Now, we'll hope the career situation improves for you. Good luck with it..

Bill

Jena, OMG! Definitely money well spent. I am glad you were able gain control. I've often wondered "what is going to happen" when I get the urge.

I hate that you went through it but I am glad you shared it. It gives the rest of understanding.

Thanks again.

that's what i'm talkin about!! at last... when we fail ourselves (simply being human), this "tool" kicks in and prevents us from going back to our old wretched habits :D this is totally what excites me. if i was good at dieting, if i was fine with small portions and if i was a die-hard exerciser, i WOULD NOT have needed the band - right??? so when i don't want to feel deprived at a birthday party and i have a few chips or a slice of cake, it'll be tiny - thanks to my band. when i can't control how much i want to eat, it'll be limited - thanks to my band.

yay for the lapband!

yay for you jena... you are no longer able to do what you'd only regret =D>

Congratulations, hun. lapband=priceless. It is nice to have control of your food when all else is going to hell. You are a strong person... hang in there...

I am sorry about your crappy job. :( I hope you can find a productive way out of that situation soon.

Hugs..

Jena,

Thank you for sharing. I have been feeling very overwhelmed myself with the busy-ness of life this summer. I did some food stuffing myself and the band simply reminded me that I can't do that! I just felt overwhelmed one morning and then started to eat some leftover chicken dish. Three quick bites and that feeling came... I stopped and it came all out. Didn't eat anything anymore until 3 or so hours later and felt better about my mental behavior. I love my band! You are priceless!

Hanna :)

I love my band too, I do not PB (yet) but I finally get the feeling that I have self control over my food choices. I am a chicken at heart and after reading what happens to my friends on this site when they shovel food (that was may favorite way to eat) I am sooo very careful. Hope I didn't speak to soon LOL

Oh, big group hug - we all love our band!!!!

Congratulations!

p.s. Last year I was out of a job for 13 months (no, I didn't want to work at McDs) and finally one came along - you'll get there - have faith. In life, things always have a way of working out for the best - I truly believe that!

Thank you so much everyone. Your words mean more than you know.

I've heard that binging is a way of stuffing your feelings down your throat, and this is true in my case.

Thanks to your support I marched into the office today and when the person who is causing me such grief started in on me again, I very tactfully and professionally told her in the nicest way to shove it up her arse.

Heh! A huge weight was lifted off my shoulders! I feel great!

Like I said before, all of you are priceless.

Jena

[quote name='jena' date='Aug 14 2008, 12:07 AM' post='46779'

I've heard that binging is a way of stuffing your feelings down your throat, and this is true in my case.

Thanks to your support I marched into the office today and when the person who is causing me such grief started in on me again, I very tactfully and professionally told her in the nicest way to shove it up her arse.

Jena

And the band comes with added benefits too, the increased self-esteem you just described. This forum comes with the band also and without it I would be lost. I am glad we can all be here to offer support like this to each other.

Glad you had a breakthrough time this AM. Here's wishing you another "priceless" realization.