counting calories

:D hello eceryone I have a question that i hope you guys can clarify fo rme..I know we are supposed to count our calories right? well how do we determine the amount of calories if we cant eat a full serving suggestion? for example if we only eat 2 tbspns of refried beans and the serving suggestion is for 1 cup, how do we actually know how many calories we have taken in? i hope someone can please clarify this for me so that i can get a accurate count for calories!

I use fitday.com to get a more accurate count of how I am eating. It lets you put in like .5 for half a serving or size or .25 for 1/4 of the amount, etc. etc. It really opened my eyes as to what I thought I was doing right was really wrong. I was really stacking up the calories and not getting enough protein.

Give it a try, it's a good site.

Ditto that.

It's nice to plug in a commonly consumed food (like "boiled egg" or "lean cuisine ___________" or "Dannon light yogurt" and have all the information at your fingertips.

So, if you plug in "Skippy Peanut Butter" and select the "creamy" one from the list, for example, it will give you the nutrition information for 1 oz or 1T. If you had 1/2 T, then just put "0.5" in the box. It does the rest for you.