I need some mojo, please!

Hope isn't a strategy, right? You have to work to succeed, usually, but something is just plain off kilter.

I've keet a food diary religiously. I aim for 90 g of protein a day and 1100 calories. Some days it's in the 1300 calorie range, but not once in a month has it been over 1800.

I drink 2 quarts of water a day.

I've been lazy, but headed back to the gym for 1 hour of exercise (elliptical/treadmill/rowing mix) 3x a week starting August 1.

That scale hasn't budged lower than 188. Not in 7 weeks. My clothes aren't looser, they're just the same.

Back to strategy...I moved up my 2nd fill for the 20th and e-mailed Dr. Miranda for a specific day by day diet program.

I don't know what else to do. I expected to be down 15 pounds by now. I'm 42, 5'5" and otherwise healthy. I don't know what to think!

Ideas?

And mojo, please, for the fill next Wednesday. Something has to work. I love seeing everyone else's successes but it's becoming painful not to join the party.

I got banded shortly before you did, on the 13th of June and I had the same thing happen, I was stuck at 187 for about three solid weeks, just this past week I have finally lost 2 pounds, but my total weight loss so far (starting from weigh in the day of surgery) has only been 18 lbs and I've really been pretty good. But like you, I expected to lose more.

BUT and that's a big BUT (no pun intended) I'm still very happy with where I'm at. We just need to let it sink in that this is a slow process and a more healthy one then all the other diets we've been on.

Good luck - you'll get there!

(p.s. - I'm sending big bucket fulls of MOJO your way!

Yes, and this came from our fellow Bandsters, I started eating! I know that sounds bizarre, but I was loud in my complaining about not losing on this forum and I was basically told I wasn't getting enough calories in a day. So I thought what the heck, I'll eat more and I did and I lost - it's weird, it's strange and it's fantastic (my post from earlier today)!

Also, really try to keep getting your protein in - I have a thick protein drink for lunch (GNC's 100% Whey Protein mix), I double scoup it and that's my protein for the day. Dinner for me is whatever we are having, but just not as much as I used to.

Turn on the positive mental energy, every day look in the mirror tell yourself what a great job you are doing - be proud of how you look and your accomplishments. Change up your exercise routine and even the time you normally exercise. (Shut your bedroom door and every night add in 30 minutes of dancing to really bad 70's music that make you use your hips) Cut your protein down to 60 grams per day and get some extra green veggies into you. Keep your calories at 1100 for the next 3 weeks, (watch your alcohol intake – that always gets me when I really start looking at it….) and know you’re going to start loosing the weight today!

Go do it!

(If you don't its OK, your doing great - it will come off)!! But its not bad advice and might work - did for me!

Turn on the positive mental energy, every day look in the mirror tell yourself what a great job you are doing - be proud of how you look and your accomplishments. Change up your exercise routine and even the time you normally exercise. (Shut your bedroom door and every night add in 30 minutes of dancing to really bad 70's music that make you use your hips) Cut your protein down to 60 grams per day and get some extra green veggies into you. Keep your calories at 1100 for the next 3 weeks, (watch your alcohol intake – that always gets me when I really start looking at it….) and know you’re going to start loosing the weight today!

Go do it!

(If you don't its OK, your doing great - it will come off)!! But its not bad advice and might work - did for me!

I am sending you some positive love and mojo to get you past this "PLATEAU". Yes the word we all hate to hear. A reality sometimes when we least expect it. At 5 pounds, 15 pounds or 50 pounds they are no fun. And a 7 week one if for sure frustrating when you are doing the right things. My theory is that you are not someone who has 100+ pounds to lose and so unfortunately sometimes I think the less you have to lose the harder it is. I love the advice Lisa gives and so just do this. Persevere, endure, stay focused, and yes have a great new fill that will only do nothing but help.

Thanks for sharing on the OCC forum. I love this place!!

Sorry, her is some MOJO...Mojo....MOJO

I was stuck at 180 for about 6 weeks and I feel your pain.

I finally broke that last week and dropped a few, we'll see what happens on Sunday when I get weighed, I may have to adjust my protien too, I eat about 70 g a day.

I was the same way wouldnt budge from 235 and I called on Dr. Miranda and I was nor=t getting in enough calories. I up the calories and off came some weight down to 230 today. MOJO MOJO MOJO sent youre way.

This is what Dr. Miranda suggested for me to do -- looking up endocrinologists. I don't have one.:

Have you had a hysterectomy? (no)

Or do you take any lexapro or paxil? these make you gain weight or steroids too. (no meds at all)

IF all of the above is a no. Go to you endocrinologist.

Do this :

Breakfast

one egg or 1 slice of turkey ham

one toast one fruit

(hour later: coffee or tea)

Lunch:

chicken or fish or 4oz steak or 1 cup of beans green veggies (spinach prefereably) one piece of fruit (apple or pear or peach or 10 strawberries)

4 whole wheat crackers or 1/2 cup steamed whole grain rice or 1 corn tortilla or 1/3 of a corn on the cob

Dinner:

1 piece of fruit

3 oz lean meat

green veggies

Add 3/5 of avocado to your menu a day or exchange for:

21 almonds or

3 wallnuts or

21 olives or

3 teaspoon of olive oil

Twice a week:

exchange your nreakfast for a cup of oatmeal with berries (1/2 cup) on skim milk.

Only have non calorie liquids.

steam your food or grill it or put it in the oven.

Take the chromium picolinate 200 or 400 mcg per day You may have insulin resistance, metformin helps (safe as an aspirin) Do your 45 minutes cardio exercise EVERY DAY

I will start the exercise today, more specific diet items tomorrow. I have to buy more of them first.

I am eating 1200 cals a day and working out like a mad woman and the scales have not budged!! Actually I gained a couple of lbs! It is very disheartening to me as well. If you find some MOJO, will you share it with me? LOL

umm...interesting.. I know I have insulin resistance. Doc gave me a choice to not take metformin because I did not want to add it to my long list of med. Maybe I should discuss adding metformin so that I can beat this insulin thing at is own game.

Now thats some good mojo!!!! Great information!!