Stomach virus scare (HELP)

Hi all,

Ok, I may be putting the cart before the horse here. But I want to be proactive. I went to get my 2 year up this morning and he was covered in puke. Sleeping soundly. That was a little scary too. But he is fine. Playing on his Thomas Train already.

But now, I am scared that he had a virus. I slept with him on the couch until about midnight last night. Then I cleaned up the mess this morning. So I know I have had exposure.

I feel queasy already, but that could just be from smelling and cleaning up the mess.

How do I keep from throwing up? I am only 2 weeks post op. It really scares me that I could get sick this early on.

I feel queasy already, but that could just be from smelling and cleaning up the mess.

How do I keep from throwing up? I am only 2 weeks post op. It really scares me that I could get sick this early on.

If you have been exposed then you need to start trying to fight this virus, but in reality really nothing will totally take care of this if you happen to become ill. I would start by really keeping yourself hydrated with juices and gatorade. Try getting some of those vitamin waters specifically meant to help give you the extra vitamins you need to fight this. I also believe in "airborne" even with the negative publicity it got. Try some echinacea and take several doses today. I know you may have to go out to get these things but it could help you. I know though some would say it's already too late and it may be. The reality is you may throw up. Put yourself on foods that you now are not hard to digest and not spicy and are in general mild and soft. This will help if you do throw up. I amnot sure what else but I pray for you you don't get too sick, if you do

Take care. My last thought is that sometimes kids just throw up and it's an isolated incident. As you said he is playing now. Does he have a fever? You know what to do if he does so go about your day and try not to worry.

If he hasn't thrown up since, it may well be an isolated incident.

You've got a grown up immune system and likely have resistance to anything your little guy will pick up while he builds his immune system.

Otherwise, keep your hands washed, bone up on the vitamin C, zinc and rest when he'll let you.

Hi Lisa,

Have you had the unfortunate opportunity to try the nauzene yet? Did they work for you? I saw them at the store when preparing for my surgery, but was not sure if they actually worked.

foot note..... Thanks every one..... My little guy is fine today. seems like it was an isolated incident. fingers crossed. No one else has gotten sick yet.

You guys are awesome!!!