Water, Water

julieburns

I have been struggling getting in my daily water. I used to drink 6-8 glasses a day easily pre-band but now am having trouble. I have to eat every 3 hours or so as directed by my endocrinologist for my diabetes so I don't get terrible hypoglycemia. I had been trying to follow the 3 meals a day guidelines like the OCC suggests but had terrible bouts of low blood sugars. Anyway having to wait an hour after I eat to drink water has been a barrier to my successful water intake. By the time it's 1 hour after I only have the next 2 hours or so and when I am work I lose track of time. I always have had a water bottle at work that holds like 32 oz, and fill it at the beginning of my shift. It's been a long time since I have finished that, maybe a few times in several weeks. On my days off I am no better. The last few days I have been so dehydrated feeling when I was up at 4 Am this morning I drank about 4 cups and it tasted sooooo good. to make a long story a little shorter I have now figured out how to get my water in, hopefully. I found in my cupboards from previous diet attempts my large 2 and 3 liter water bottles. I have filled the 2 liter one today and then I will know when I've gotten in that much. With the visual of all the water in the larger container I can just sip on it or pour it in a glass with ice if I want to and I know this will help. It has in the past. I will take this to work with me when I work and then I know to just keep sipping till it's gone. So I feel confident this new plan of attack should work to get my water in. Yes pre-planning everything down to my water is what I need to do is succeed.

What about the Special K protein water? Would that be considered your water intake?

One of my dr's offices has a pitcher of ice water that has slice lemons and cucumbers in the pitcher. It's quite refreshing so I did that at home and it is helping me to get my water intake in.

What about the Special K protein water? Would that be considered your water intake?

One of my dr's offices has a pitcher of ice water that has slice lemons and cucumbers in the pitcher. It's quite refreshing so I did that at home and it is helping me to get my water intake in.

It isn't that I don't like just plain old water, in fact I love it and always have been a fairly good plain old H2O drinker most days. With my "restriction" I just can't seem to get it it. I'm doing good today though so hopefully I am on the right track.

It isn't that I don't like just plain old water, in fact I love it and always have been a fairly good plain old H2O drinker most days. With my "restriction" I just can't seem to get it it. I'm doing good today though so hopefully I am on the right track.

So, the restriction is preventing you from getting your water in? Is this normal restriction issues and if so how do you get through it? Can you set the clock on your computer at work to tell you to drink so you don't forget?

Julie, When I got my first fill at the OCC, Dr. Romero said that if I HAD to drink after I ate, he'd like that I waited an hour BUT I could drink small amounts after 15 minutes. He said to wait at least half an hour before drinking larger amounts. I'm a big time water\ice tea drinker and have alot of trouble waiting the full hour. I get a spliting headache when I start to get dehydrated, so I'm pretty much a constant sipper.

I don't drink while I'm eating [it took me awhile to break that habit!] but I do start sipping 15 mins after. Hope you feel better soon!! Darlene