I am really feeling it for those of you in the Pacific NW.... I know the 100 degree temps have got to be killing you...

Hugs....

Guest CaraMBA09
I am really feeling it for those of you in the Pacific NW.... I know the 100 degree temps have got to be killing you...

Hugs....

Bring it ON! I love the heat, the hotter the better...I tend to get sick every year because of the wet and dampness, so I tend to dry my gills so to speak.

Most people live in Washington because they LOVE this melancholy climate...not this chickie poo!

We are heading to Long Beach, WA (south WA-ocean) for the Blues & Seafood festival, I know it will be hot there...cannot wait! :D

Enjoy your water aerobics and have a great weekend (you shrinking guppy)

oodles ~ C

Thanks Paula for the cool wishes. Yes it's hot here and we have a warm easterly wind that is just blowing in hotter air. Yesterday we set a record here in Ptown at 101, today is supposed to be even hotter. These are the days I USED to live for. To get out on the water in my boat and go to my favorite lake or river nearby and once in the water just open up hat engine and let her fly. We could do 60-70 mph and that felt great. Of course I was in the water before you could say lickity split. The feeling on a ski on top of the water in that temp is also unbelievable. Yes this was my passion, these dog days of summer. Now I get so hot and currently have no boat so I sit inside my air conditioned home and got to work in the air conditioned hospital. Even yesterday though I was hot in my house. Mind you our air conditioning system is the cream of the crop because that's what my husband does but it still felt hot inside at 70-72 degrees. Weird because on cooler days at the same temp it doesn't feel so hot.

So thanks again my across the country friend!!

:heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat:

Oh my it is hot. My house stayed pretty cool and I have air in my room but man this is horrible. We have a built in pool in the back yard and I am about to go out there and dive in. Julie, get your suit out girl, you gotta check it out. My poor little guy can't take this heat. Air in the car, Air in the house, Air at daycare, Air at work. This is crazy. I woke up this morning it is still hot. I do 80 pretty good, anything beyond and I am FOUL. FOUL I tell ya! :angry::(:blink:

We have a built in pool in the back yard and I am about to go out there and dive in. Julie, get your suit out girl, you gotta check it out.

I'd love to come and play. Are you off today?

I am up way too early for my well being and plan to go lay down for another few hours so I'll be human later today. Give me a call after noon if you want to, if not it's ok too!..I'm off work till Monday.

Hey Portland friends :D I have NO A/c and NO pool in my backyard... LOL ... I think today might be a good day for all Ptown bandsters to get together for let's say a POOL Party or House party at your houses. hahaha! have a great day. It's supposed to be 104 today. I think I'll go see a movie this afternoon. Stay cool neighbors.

xoxo

Hey Portland friends :D I have NO A/c and NO pool in my backyard... LOL ... I think today might be a good day for all Ptown bandsters to get together for let's say a POOL Party or House party at your houses. hahaha! have a great day. It's supposed to be 104 today. I think I'll go see a movie this afternoon. Stay cool neighbors.

xoxo

Julie the business lady chuckles to herself, I know a man that can give you air conditioning!! Just kidding, sort of. I hope you are able to keep cool and that movie is a sure way to be cool. I saw the news last night and it said how all the movie theaters, malls, restaurants, and any other public air conditioned hang out space was hopping with activity. Also people are escaping to the coast and the sunset highway was backed up with traffic westbound all day. We web footers just can't tolerate the hot, hot days without seeking refuge can we?

Guest CaraMBA09
Julie the business lady chuckles to herself, I know a man that can give you air conditioning!! Just kidding, sort of. I hope you are able to keep cool and that movie is a sure way to be cool. I saw the news last night and it said how all the movie theaters, malls, restaurants, and any other public air conditioned hang out space was hopping with activity. Also people are escaping to the coast and the sunset highway was backed up with traffic westbound all day. We web footers just can't tolerate the hot, hot days without seeking refuge can we?

you guys should meet me in Ilwaco for the Seafood & Blues festival!

if you go across the Astoria bridge and then hang a left...what is that 1 to 2 hour drive from Portland?

C

Nope had to work today, but bring food and I can open the pool when I get home. I have a barbeque, there has to be something we all can eat. I hope the pool dont get too warm, if so I will throw some cold water in there. I will post what the pool looks like under my album so you can check it out. Let me know and I can open her up. It is a blast!! Just dont laugh at me in a suit..

Sorry you are at work, but maybe it's nice and cool there for you. I am up again and feel like crap. I think Aunt Flo has finally come to visit and she brought TOM with her. I am like 4 week overdue, this menapause thing is awful, and I just feel like crap. So what's new though? This is just in a different way. Thanks for the invite Kim I'll have to take a raincheck though. Hubby was out of town this week and is coming home tonight as well and I am sure he'll be tired. Maybe we can at least have a chat this weekend? Hope your having a great day, be sure to drink your water!! :drinks:

ok I will hold you too that, I know what you mean. I am 3 weeks late. But I am only 40 so who knows what is going on. It could be stress, I am trying to lose this weight. I checked the scale, I have only lost 2 pounds. This is horrible!! All I can do it pray. I will keep trying. Maybe tonight with some swimming, I can lose some pounds. I posted the pool photo but it has to be approved. Check back, it will be there soon. Talk later, back to work.

I live in Thousand Oaks, CA - we are up over the hill from Malibu and last night we had the most wicked lightning and thunder storms - it was absolutely awesome. It woke me up at midnight because our bedroom kept getting flashed with light; I put a robe on and spent the next hour and a half outside just watching. We just don't get these kind of things, so it was "new". Eventually we got a couple of big fat drops, but no rain to speak of.

I love my California weather and the hotter the better for me. My parents live 2 hours away in Palm Springs and I'm there every chance I get. Maybe I'm hoping to sweat the pounds off, LOL!!!!

Yes it was a record breaking day again yesterday at temps topping 100 degrees. It's supposed to hit that again today.

Oh man where can I rent a boat?

Sort of on that note my husband and I are getting a boat, not till Labor day weekend though, which is only 2 weeks away!! :lb21: :lb21:

My in-laws are blessing us with giving us their beautiful Boston whaler, about 10 years old because they arn't using it as much anymore. Did I say Yippee!! :lb21: And of course thank you . We usually have beautiful Indian summers here so I hope to get my share of use out of it by November when the rain sets in.

Jelious -- Did I tell you , you are my new best friend - HA

Congratulations, that is great. We want to get one too. But we know nothing about them. Let me pay for this band first then maybe. but what I really wants is some ATV's to take on the sand dunes in Florence. That is so cool. Who knows if that will happen, I sure hope so.

Yes it was a record breaking day again yesterday at temps topping 100 degrees. It's supposed to hit that again today.

Oh man where can I rent a boat?

Sort of on that note my husband and I are getting a boat, not till Labor day weekend though, which is only 2 weeks away!! :lb21: :lb21:

My in-laws are blessing us with giving us their beautiful Boston whaler, about 10 years old because they arn't using it as much anymore. Did I say Yippee!! :lb21: And of course thank you . We usually have beautiful Indian summers here so I hope to get my share of use out of it by November when the rain sets in.

It's been too hot here to go on my laptop!!!! My legs are melting.....melting......! I only like the hot weather if I am sitting on a nice sandy beach watching all the eye candy stroll on by, preferably in the Carribean or someplace exotic like that! I moved to the Northwet to get away from the sun!!! It's 10:30 pm and it is so damn hot don't know if I will kill the man and kids during the night or not...I get really grumpy when I am hot!

It's been too hot here to go on my laptop!!!! My legs are melting.....melting......! I only like the hot weather if I am sitting on a nice sandy beach watching all the eye candy stroll on by, preferably in the Carribean or someplace exotic like that! I moved to the Northwet to get away from the sun!!! It's 10:30 pm and it is so damn hot don't know if I will kill the man and kids during the night or not...I get really grumpy when I am hot!

Thats exactly what I say, I moved back to the northwest to escape the heat of Oklahoma, and when I want the warmth of the sun I go to Hawaii, I am one of the few people I know that loves the rain :P:P:P

My dh bought me an airconditioner for our bedroom, so I will be sleeping just fine.

I bought an Air Conditioner last year and can't figure out how to put it in! Was gonna post it on Craigs list and get rid of it! Just sits in my bedroom on the floor in the box, my hubby is NOT handy at all and I haven't found anyone to put it in for me yet. Oh well, will just have to tough this hot spell out.

I bought an Air Conditioner last year and can't figure out how to put it in! Was gonna post it on Craigs list and get rid of it! Just sits in my bedroom on the floor in the box, my hubby is NOT handy at all and I haven't found anyone to put it in for me yet. Oh well, will just have to tough this hot spell out.

What kind of air conditioner and how much do you want for it?

We must have missed the storms...got nothing at my house in Bremerton. Wish it would rain......It's cooler today though, the sun is in and out all day.

Okay you guys, can you please send some of the heat up to Canada, Ontario specifically, we have had nothing but rain and wicked thunder storms all summer. My entire week at the cottage was rain, rain, rain..one day of sun and a high of 76 degrees, cooler in the shade. We have literally had no summer. We usually get over 95 degrees by August, not this year.

PLEASE SEND THE SUN AND HEAT OUR WAY!! THANKS!!!