My parents arnt letting me get the band

Well i posted on here a couple of months ago asking for advice about the band. After talking to my parents about it for a while they decided they dont want me to do it. They never really gave me a reason why so now im trying to doing a diet and exorcize on my own. I'm almost prepared to fail ( even thought today is the first day) but i guess i just have to be optimistic and take it one step at a time and day to day.

But i'd like to thank the people on here who gave me their advice about the band and the support you guys gave me about talking to my parents about it. ><'

Good Luck to you Danielle. Maybe things will work out for you eventually...when you turn 18!

I am sorry to hear this..I know you were counting on it and were excited, but don't dispair, there are many other ways to lose weight. Try doing the diet plan we use, high protein (which will keep you fuller, longer), lots of veggies and water, avoid starches, sugars and fats and you will be successful. And if you still have weight to lose after you are 18, go for it on your own!!

Best of Luck Sweetie!!!

Sorry to hear that your parents don't want to do the band for now. Maybe if you prove to them that you are truely trying, maybe they will change their minds. I'm sure it is very disappointing for you, I would probably be the same way. Keep your chin up and like Cathy said, do the same kind of diet we are, high protein. I wish you the best of luck.

Danielle,

Try a website like fitday.com to help you keep track of your calories, the type of calories you eat and your physical activity level. This will probably reallyhelp and you may find it motivational.

Now here is the big thing....KEEP A POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE!! Your post said you think you will fail, well guess what, if that is what you think you probably will. Think that you will succeed! and you probably will. If your mind can believe it, your body can achieve it!

Not sure if your spiritual, but turn to prayer for help in this and remember you will have little set backs, but just forgive yourself, don't whine and pity yourself, re-adjust your mindset and keep on going.

IT WILL HAPPEN!!! Best of luck. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Danielle,

You are a beautiful girl already!!! AND, you're young! Try not to be upset over this. I know how dissappointed you must feel. It took me over a YEAR to talk my hubby into letting me do this! But, like everyone else has said, there are more ways to lose weight, and I think the high protein diet is one of the best ideas! Also, as others have already said, don't sabotage yourself, by saying "I think I will fail!" Get excited about this!!! Start a daily journal, and write down EVERYTHING you eat, and start adding exercise. I do this myself. You can do this, and you will feel SO PROUD OF YOURSELF for doing it on your own!!!

Donna

This was a big enough decision to make for myself. I was willing to take the risks. I do not know if I would make the same choice for my child. It would take alot for me to let my child do it. You will be old enough someday to make grown decisions. This is relativley a new procedure for the US. Future generations will learn from what happens to this generation. Do not be to hard on your parents. The decision comes from love and fear I'm sure. Best wishes.

Danielle,

Weight Watchers has been very successful for a lot of people that I know..It just did not work for me. I'm not sure if you have ever tried this before but if you haven't this is one thing to try. Weight Watchers allows you to eat all of the foods we enjoy in moderation by tracking your calorie, fiber, and fat intake through a points system.

Good luck!