Update on my 5th fill!

Boy did I waste $1500 or what? That's how much I paid my fill Dr. here in MS. Okay so we got there(New Orleans) at 9 this morning and everyone was so nice! The Dr. talked to me for a few minutes and praised me on my weight loss. He said my whole body looked great except for my tummy, but he also told me that he didn't think I would need a tummy tuck so that made me feel great!

He asked me how my restriction was and I explained to him about the small fills I had been receiving. His next question was.."Well what do you want in your band?" I almost passed out! LOL I told him I would like to try 2.5cc and he took all the saline out of my band (which was 1.4) and he added a whole new 2.5cc. I was on cloud 9! He made me sit in the waiting room and drink water. I drank about 3 sips of the water and I felt it bubbling up. I threw up 4 times in the garbage can in the waiting room! My cousin that was with me was dying...She told the receptionist that I was very sick. I couldn't talk...I couldn't breathe. I just kept spitting up spit and saliva. 2.5cc was more than I could handle. She got me right back in the room again and he took .5cc out for a total of 2cc. I went back to the waiting room, drank more water and I was fine so they let me leave.

We didn't make it to Bourbon St. It was just too darn hot so we went shopping a little instead so we could be in the air conditioner.

Trina~Ellie asked me who referred me there and I told her you did. She remembered you and talked about how pretty you are! Isn't she the sweetest? I just loved her!

No fluoro. It was a blind fill and it was only $185!

Oh another thing he told me is that I have a large frame and he wouldn't think I would look good at under 150. I still want to reach my goal of 140 though. :D

congrat on a good fill. I just had my 2nd one and they have me 2 now. I could not tell a difference on the first fill. But Boy can I now. I am 1 week post fill. The family and I just went to eat and I still could only eat about 5 bites and I started slimming. I was very aware of chewing and not drinking. I am still hungry but it's not worth eatting it. I thought we would be able to eat until we got full but it would just take us less to get full. I might just still be too tight. Let me know how you do. I was always surprised at how small your fills where. The lady who did my first fill said she tries to give 2cc on the first fill but she could see on the flouro it would not go thru. second fill was 2cc. I might be more sensitive than others. Are you tight now?

No fluoro. It was a blind fill and it was only $185!

Oh another thing he told me is that I have a large frame and he wouldn't think I would look good at under 150. I still want to reach my goal of 140 though. :D

Thats great the doctor I found 45 minutes away will charge me $175 for the first visit with him and its going to be without the fluoro. But the nurse said if he cant get to the port in one try then he will send me to x-rays to pin pont the port. Im so glad you found some one thats granting youre wish of a better fill.

Kim~

$1500 that is way too much! I am going to find you a flight to my hometown and get you a fill (a blind fill) for $100. She does a great job!!!! You'll love her, and yourself for saving $$$. If you book your flight like 4-6 weeks out, you can get some pretty cheap airfair. Let me know what you think!

HUGS~

Dianna

So happy for you to finally get a good fill. I think your last Dr. was either not well trained or trying to make some bucks. I am just ecstatic for you. But on the other hand I do have to say, that for having such small amount of fill you have done amazing weight loss. So you should be really proud of yourself because you certainly have not been able to rely on your band to do all the work. You rock chick.

Kim I am glad you got what you wanted. Sorry you had to experience the sickness first, but maybe that helped to show you how too full feels. It sound like you are just right for now. Imagine this..a Dr. actually asking what a patient wants and then giving it to them(within reason of course), what a concept!! How are you doing today? Any problems? Do you get full quickly?

Thanks so much! I can't wait to see if this fill helps me. :D

Julie~I haven't eaten yet, but I will let you know! We have that Tropical Storm Fay coming in on us all weekend so we will be in the house. I am gonna cook something good and healthy tonight so I will let you know how the 2cc feels.

Thanks so much! I can't wait to see if this fill helps me. :D

Julie~I haven't eaten yet, but I will let you know! We have that Tropical Storm Fay coming in on us all weekend so we will be in the house. I am gonna cook something good and healthy tonight so I will let you know how the 2cc feels.

Oh take cover!! I forget about you folks living where that stuff happens. Batten down the hatches!! Got your emergency goodies all in place? Hope it's not too bad and even less than predicted.

Congrats on your fill! Hopefully this will be the one you've been longing for.

Good luck with TS Fay! We recently endured tropical storm Eduoard in the Houston area and it's wasn't too bad, mainly because it was fast moving. Still be prepared for alot of rain!

BTW, you are looking great!

Denise

Barb~

I posted an updated thread around here somewhere. LOL

I can definetly tell I have more restriction. It only takes a few bites to do me in. I am hoping with this new fill and my exercise routine that I will get these last 40 lbs off before Christmas!