Does anyone know...

Just curious. I might be getting fills for $20 at Kaiser here in NorCal if they approve it after Xraying me tomorrow. But they don't use flouroscopy- and I've only gone to OCC for many fills/unfills and trust them. Actually the nurse didn't seem to know what flouroscopy was. I am paranoid about them messing the tube up by missing the port. They've only been doing bands and fills for a year there. But with airline costs now I can't go down to OCC for a while. So if they say yes I am going to give it a try...... Just wondering if anyone knows the rememdy if they do jack up my tubing????

Karen

Hopefully that won't happen. I have only had blind fills and the Dr won't stick me until he feels for my port. I can actually hear the needle stick my port!

I had my second fill today and the first time, he missed..he assured me that the needle they use is structured in such a way that if it creates a hole in the port or tubing, it immediately closes. I wish I could remember the name of the needle? The tip is slanted.

Don't worry until the time comes...good luck!

If for some reason they puncture your tubing, then yes, it is repairable. the tubing that goes to the port (the lower half) can be replaced. I have had 3 blind fills and so far good luck. don't worry, it will be fine. Good luck