Can someone please tell me?

I cannot wrap my brain around what good restriction should feel like. I've been filled twice. The first time...I didn't notice any difference. The second time, I noticed a difference but I can still eat a lot.

So.....tonight for dinner, I ate

1 lean hamburger patty with swiss cheese, grilled mushrooms and onions

1/2 cup baked beans

1 cup of fresh fruit

small handful of potato chips

small slice of key lime pie

If I was properly restricted, would I be able to eat all of that?

I haven't lost any weight in 2 months. Haven't gained either but this is really getting me down. I expected to lose at least 2 lbs. a week. Can anyone help me understand what restriction should feel like? Tell me what and how much you are eating.

Thanks for the support.

You need a fill honey! Tonight I made corndogs (in a hurry) and I was able to eat about half of one small corndog. That's how I want my restriction to be or I would feel I wasted money on my surgery. I have waited 5 months to get to good restriction though. It is worth it!

I agree, I think you need another fill. Although some foods go down better than others. I have had 3 fills and this last fill has be a great one. Dr. Miranda said that with the band you should be able to eat a 1/3 of what you used to eat. If what you at was a 1/3 of what you used to eat then your doing good food wise. To get the weight moving maybe start tacking your calorie intake or light exercise.

I wont lose unless I track my food and exercise. I have lost almost 4o pounds and I think you just have to learn your band and how it works with your body.

Good luck!!!! Good job on losing 25! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Maytee

I've been so upset over this restriction/no weight loss issue that I binged. I ate 3/4 of an entire Edwards Key Lime pie last night. I'm still sick this morning!!!

I haven't binged like that a very long time. I know this is a head game. I just can't seem to make this happen. Maybe I'll always be fat. (sigh) I feel so awful. Both physically and emotionally. Why is this so damn hard?

Sorry babe, that's way too much food for dinner.

To me, restriction feels like you have just eaten a huge turkey dinner at Christmas time, but you have only eaten about 3/4 cup of food.

Get another fill. My surgeon told me yesterday it can take 3-4 adjustments (fills) before it's just right!!

Good luck hon!

P.S. I also get a lump in my throat which lasts for hours, my surgeon said it's the esophagus muscle contracting when the pouch is full.

I do not ever feel that full feeing. I just feel like I might slime if I eat another bite ...so I don't. It's like the result of eatting is not worth the pain. I would get another fill. I think you are dealing with some head hunger too. Your going to have to work on that. Sad enough the band does not deal with those issues. I hardly ever hear people complain on the forum about real hunger (except those in the liquid stage), it is always the head hunger thtat gets us. I know you were not hungy when you ate the second half of that stuff. I do that too. I just get up and leave the table and start doing something else. It's like a child in a temper tantrum. I have to refocus my attention on something else. I do think you need a fill. But your head can out smart a good fill so just watch out for why your eatting. Are you eatting because your hungry or just because you can. It's a constant battle.

Well the chips and key lime pie aren't good choices for the band. I could probably eat as many chips or pie post band as I could pre band :) ......

But if I sat down and had a beef pattie and ate it first, I doubt I would be able to eat much afterwards.

I cannot wrap my brain around what good restriction should feel like. I've been filled twice. The first time...I didn't notice any difference. The second time, I noticed a difference but I can still eat a lot.

So.....tonight for dinner, I ate

1 lean hamburger patty with swiss cheese, grilled mushrooms and onions

1/2 cup baked beans

1 cup of fresh fruit

small handful of potato chips

small slice of key lime pie

If I was properly restricted, would I be able to eat all of that?

I haven't lost any weight in 2 months. Haven't gained either but this is really getting me down. I expected to lose at least 2 lbs. a week. Can anyone help me understand what restriction should feel like? Tell me what and how much you are eating.

Thanks for the support.

Oh my gosh, this post is so spot on for me. I just got off of the phone with my dr.'s office. I need a fill (haven't had one yet). The soonest they can get me in is October 15, 2008. I had my surgery on 07/01. I just want to cry right now because I am so discouraged. I haven't lost any weight in 3 weeks and I eat as much now as I did before banding. I haven't gained anything, but I am not losing. Oct. 25th is almost 2 months away and that will be a total of 4 since my surgery. Waaaah!!!!

Oh my gosh, this post is so spot on for me. I just got off of the phone with my dr.'s office. I need a fill (haven't had one yet). The soonest they can get me in is October 15, 2008. I had my surgery on 07/01. I just want to cry right now because I am so discouraged. I haven't lost any weight in 3 weeks and I eat as much now as I did before banding. I haven't gained anything, but I am not losing. Oct. 25th is almost 2 months away and that will be a total of 4 since my surgery. Waaaah!!!!

Where do you live? If you live near a fill center you should be able to get in earlier. Look up fillcentersusa.com